TN Visa - Degree Evaluation

hmodi024

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for some feedback from education eligibility for TN1 Visa as Canadian Citizen. NAFTA Category - Computer Systems Analyst

I have Foreign (Indian) Degrees
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (3 years)
Master of Science in Information Technology (2 years)

This was a straight 5-year program with 2 levels of degrees

Per WES evaluation when I do the overall Bachelors & Masters evaluation I will get a US/Canada Bachelor degree (4 years) equivalency

I read through some visa forums that the University of Toronto CES may give my bachelor's degree alone in Information Technology (3 years) as a US/Canada Bachelor degree (4 years) equivalency, but it is not certain that alone bachelor's degree (3 Years) will be equivalent US Bachelors. However, I will do Bachelors's degree separate evaluation.

My question is my Bachelors & Masters overall evaluation is sufficient to prove my education? I heard that combining two-degree for equivalency is not allowed. Is this true?

Your Feedback is much appreciated!

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for some feedback from education eligibility for TN1 Visa as Canadian Citizen. NAFTA Category - Computer Systems Analyst

I have Foreign (Indian) Degrees
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (3 years)
Master of Science in Information Technology (2 years)

This was a straight 5-year program with 2 levels of degrees

Per WES evaluation when I do the overall Bachelors & Masters evaluation I will get a US/Canada Bachelor degree (4 years) equivalency

I read through some visa forums that the University of Toronto CES may give my bachelor's degree alone in Information Technology (3 years) as a US/Canada Bachelor degree (4 years) equivalency, but it is not certain that alone bachelor's degree (3 Years) will be equivalent US Bachelors. However, I will do Bachelors's degree separate evaluation.

My question is my Bachelors & Masters overall evaluation is sufficient to prove my education? I heard that combining two-degree for equivalency is not allowed. Is this true?

Your Feedback is much appreciated!
If border officer recognize the WES evaluation, then just use WES evaluation. I am not sure if CES evaluation is recognized by border officers now.

Your three year bachelor of science is sufficient enough in my opinion.

If border officer recognize the WES evaluation, then just use WES evaluation. I am not sure if CES evaluation is recognized by border officers now.

Your three year bachelor of science is sufficient enough in my opinion.
thanks for the response! but if a 3-year bachelor is not equivalent to a US bachelor's, then combined bachelor & master degree equivalency to us bachelor is acceptable right ??

thanks for the response! but if a 3-year bachelor is not equivalent to a US bachelor's, then combined bachelor & master degree equivalency to us bachelor is acceptable right ??
In past, becholar+master combined will work.

The only thing I am not sure is that weather CES or WES are still the official educational certificate evaluation provider, you need to verify this.

In past, becholar+master combined will work.

The only thing I am not sure is that weather CES or WES are still the official educational certificate evaluation provider, you need to verify this.
Thanks for response. Wes and ces had been widely used i have seen many forums people used and got success. Thanks !

Thanks for response. Wes and ces had been widely used i have seen many forums people used and got success. Thanks !
Other than WES and CES, i don't know if there are any alternatives. I know WES and CES, because they used to have physical office in Toronto, and process speed was fast.

After they moved online, i saw on the google that the speed got slowed down significantly somehow.

yes, 2 months or so, but I find before applying for jobs in states find out that you have all check marks right so you don't disappoint employer and yourself.