TN visa applied via mail, want to cancel

preet4575

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

My TN will be expiring on March 1, 2017. But my company's lawfirm contacted me first week of September 2016 stating that they can renew 6 months in advance by sending I129 (renew in mail). I asked them to file via premium processing so that i can get result in 15 days (Which they did).

After few days of filing in Engineer category they got a RFE request, USCIS asked for:

A. Explain the beneficiary's proposed duties and responsibilities
B. Indicate the percentage of time devoted to each duty
C. State the educational requirements for these duties
D. Explain how the duties for the proposed position are Engineering duties

I am sure i can work on this RFE with my company and send the material again.

However i got a new offer from another company and they are ok to start me in January 2017 and are also willing to sponsor TN. I am thinking to quit my current job now spend time with my family in Canada for a month or so before i start new job.

My Questions are:
1) Since my TN is already filed with USCIS and they have requested RFE, can i request to cancel the application?
2) Would that be a negative flag if i apply again?
3) Any other issues/ concerns to be aware of?

Thanks,

Preet

1. Yes, send a letter, or simply include your cancellation with the RFE response.
2. No
3. No. make sure that you hand in your I-94 when you go back to Canada.

1. Yes, send a letter, or simply include your cancellation with the RFE response.
2. No
3. No. make sure that you hand in your I-94 when you go back to Canada.

Thanks Nelosna,

Regarding 3rd point, when i came through Canada via Toronto Airport they did not staple I94. The officer said that i can get a online copy of I94 through USCIS site which i can see.

How do i return that?

It is ALWAYS best to have a COPY of this I-94 in your passport, since it is not only a travel record, it is your TN work authorization (your employer is supposed to have a copy for their I-9). So, make sure you hand this copy to the Cdn agent when you leave US after quitting, so that there will be no doubt that you stopped TN.

... and no need to quote my post, it is right above yours. Too much clutter.

Last edited: