TN visa application for a new employer

TOFU81

I am currently employed under TN visa that expires in 2019 and am a Canadian citizen. I am planning to apply for a new TN visa with a new employer. Question which I have is if my new Tn visa application is rejected, do I still retain my existing TN visa and continue to work? Can I still enter the US with my current TN visa?
Thanks and appreciate your response.

Unless you are personally found to be inadmissible (criminal record, immigrant intent, etc), denial of a TN petition on some technical ground (eg. poorly prepared petition) would not affect your current one. One rare exception would be if you applied for TN in a particular category (the same one you are in now) and you were not able to prove that your educational credentials permitted you to get a TN in that category. Then CBP could decide to re-examine your current TN and cancel it. Not really a concern if you have a matching degree to your TN category.

Anytime you get a 2nd (or 3rd) TN, always make sure that you do not "hand back" your original one, since you may for a time wish to work at both (give notice, finish project, moonlight, etc) which is perfectly legal.

Unless you are personally found to be inadmissible (criminal record, immigrant intent, etc), denial of a TN petition on some technical ground (eg. poorly prepared petition) would not affect your current one. One rare exception would be if you applied for TN in a particular category (the same one you are in now) and you were not able to prove that your educational credentials permitted you to get a TN in that category. Then CBP could decide to re-examine your current TN and cancel it. Not really a concern if you have a matching degree to your TN category.

Anytime you get a 2nd (or 3rd) TN, always make sure that you do not "hand back" your original one, since you may for a time wish to work at both (give notice, finish project, moonlight, etc) which is perfectly legal.

Im an RN and i accepted a position in a different state and transitioning to a different unit. I hope they do not cancel my TN visa all together if they reject my new application.

Hi Nelsona, I need your advice.. just an update with my TN application. I tried applying today in YYC and the CBP denied me because I did not have my "Visa Screen"..I wasn't aware that I needed that since I'm educated in US. Any advice on what I should do next? Thanks in advance