TN Status possibility?

I Hasan

I would like to pursue a job opportunity in the United States for an employer who is wiling to hire me as a chief financial officer. I am a Canadian Citizen with over 17 years of experience in Accounting, Management Accounting and Financial Management and in specific roles like financial analyst, Plant controller and Director finance. I also possess a Bachelors of science degree in Business with concentration in accounting and finance and also Master level course work both from a top business school in the United States. I do not have a CPA license or CMA. From I understand that there is an accountant category under the NAFTA work agreement however I feel that based on the title of the job offered I might not qualify under this category for a TN visa?. What do you say?. Any expert advice?
Unique situation about this job is that I have worked for their overseas Plant operations of this company in the my previous life (13 years ago). The reason they would like to hire me is that I have a detailed understanding of the textile business in the United States and I have a long term relationship with them.

Also, another question is; this employer is not 100% US company but a foreign entity and have a US office in New York employing textile professionals. Does it matter if the company is not US owned?.

I am really not sure what route to take and whether accountant category would be the closest one I could use?.

Further to the above, a CPA licence is not required for this particular job as the job would not entail public accounting and or statutory reporting.

It is unlikely that your job functions would even remotely match those of an accountant, and it is doubtful that you would be considered an accountant under TN rules in any event. The 'normal' qualifications for a particular job may be less than those for TN.
You might be able to be hired as a TN under management consultant.
Your previous employment with a related foreign firm doesn't count for L1 status, as it must have been within the last 3 years.

Thank you -

I have heard that a Management Consultant is the difficult one to get.. Could you please guide any resources I can consult for management consultant ?.

You already have your job description. You can consult the DOT OOS handbook for what they consider management consultant or other TN websites

Google is your friend. here is on:
https://www.tnvisabulletin.com/management-consultant-tn-che/

You will notice that MC cannot actively manage the company, and cannot be part of the management of the company, so that probably eliminates that as a category for you as CFO.