TN Overstay and applying for new TN

aiayumi

I am a Canadian citizen working in the US on TN, which has I-94 expiration of June 2018. My original employment ended March this year, and I have been staying in the States looking for a new job ever since. Now I have found a new job and need to apply for a new TN. How will this overstay affect me?

I've found out there is a new 60-day grace period policy in place since Jan 2017. So technically I have overstayed ~30 days.

How severe is this overstay? (I intend to go back to Canada as soon as possible, after finding out I overstayed....)
If it will affect my chances for a new TN, is there anything I can to do mitigate the affects? - I have seen waiver forms, but that's for inadmissible/barred cases only
Does borders usually lookup old/out-of-status-but-not-expired TNs or ask about previous employers?

Thanks!

Once you leave the country (even for the few minutes it takes to go to Canada and back to the US border) you will be cleared. It will not affect you -- unless the officer decides it will

There is no way to mitigate this. The 60-day grace period was for your benefit, but you chose not to abide by it.