Tn for 3 years bachelors degree evaluated as equivalent to 4 yrs US bachelors

Pallyin

Hello,

I have a 3 yrs bachelors degree from India which has been evaluated to equivalent of 4 yrs US bachelors. Does USCIS accept this for Tn visa.

Thanks

Thanks Nelsona for the prompt reply. I got my evaluation done from CCI, don't know if USCIS accepts them. Is there a way to find this out?

Hi Pallyin
I was wondering whether your 3 years bachelors degree from India was accepted for the TN visa and whether you got your TN visa.

My 3 years bachelor of commerce was evaluated by (evaluationworld) as
equivalent to 3 years of post secondary education,
representing 90 semester credits

Also with 15 years of IT experience ...i am wondering whether this will be accepted.

Appreciate a response.

Thanks

isabel,
Experience doesn'ft count when using a bachelors degree to qualify for TN. Experience only counts when using a 2-year diploma, but the diploma MUST be from North american school.

You will just have to try and find out.

Thanks for the quick response.

So what do you think of my case i am applying as a Computer Systems Analyst with my Indian Bachelor of Commerce degree evaluated which according to the evaluation is equivalent to 3 years of post secondary education, representing 90 semester credits

You'll have to try at border.
You have a degree that was not evaluated as equivalent to US bachelors, and is not directly related to CSA.

Get Education evalutaion from University of Toronto. Period. My one colleague did and successfully got TN.

Isabel, I did not apply for a TN yet. I'm talking to a prospective employer and thinking of gettting a evaluation from WES as well. How about you did you get your TN?

Nelsona, do you think WES evaluation will be better? Also can you suggest some immigration lawyer? I'm thinking of going through a lawyer for this.

lawyers do not help for TN, as it is quite simple. You have suffcient advice on eval, take it or don't. The fact that you have waited FOUR months to re-consider this doubt that you might have, why should we be intersted in helping you? You could have had 10 evals by now.

Nelsona, the reason I waited 4 months is that now I have a prospective employer. I know you have been very helpful for the questions asked and I was just looking for a reconfirmation. I don't want to take any chance with USCIS, that is why I was asking about the lawyer and WES. My intention was not offend you.

Nelsona, the reason I waited 4 months is that now I have a prospective employer. I know you have been very helpful for the questions asked and I was just looking for a reconfirmation. I don't want to take any chance with USCIS, that is why I was asking about the lawyer and WES. My intention was not offend you.
How did it go? I am in same boat.

Hello,

I have a 3 yrs bachelors degree from India which has been evaluated to equivalent of 4 yrs US bachelors. Does USCIS accept this for Tn visa.

Thanks
Where did you did this evaluation. I have similar situation. I tried to evaluate general evaluation for immigration and I was just given 3 year undergraduate. When I asked for review, I was told that they have to follow certain guideline for evaluation for immigration purpose. I can get US equivalency but I have to select General evaluation for employment. Will evaluation for employment work for tn