TN Extension

Surrey2001

My employer submitted I-129 to extend my TN. I received I-797C stating that my application was received on June 30, 2009. My current TN expires on August 10, 2009. Please could anyone provide answers to the following questions?

1. Is it possible to stay past my allowed duration time?
2. Does anyone know of any policy that allows the petitioner to stay in US
awaiting I-129 approval/extension
3. Can I travel and renew my current TN at the POE or just stay and wait
for my I-129.

Thanks

1. Yes, you are entitled 240 days after the expiration date of your TN to stay in US and work for the same employer while your TN extension petition is pending.
2. Same as 1, google it yourself to get more info.
3. You can apply for a new TN at the POE if you want, or you can stay and wait for I-129 to be approved. If you do apply for a new TN at the POE and get it, don't forget to write to USCIS to cancel your petition. If you get denied at the POE, you are not allowed to enter US until your I-129 is approved.

If you get denied at the POE, you are not allowed to enter US until your I-129 is approved.
Or you should fix the petition and try again.

But, indeed, this is further proof that travel does not cancel I-129.

Thank you to Superjk and Nelsona for your feedback to my TN question. I finally got my 3 Years TN at the Blaine POE yesterday. I will now withdraw my I-129.

Thanks to Nelson's advise, I received my TN (actually, it was my employer who received it) extension on 08/21.
I also checked my H1-B approval again and it says either the consular office or POE. So, I guess I do not need an appointment.