TN Extension - Base location query

rkmsnd007

Hi All,

Quick question..my organisation has requested me to do a TN extension vs POE TN. This requires me to be in US (and not travel out of the country) during the extension of my TN. We are doing Premium processing for the TN Extension (15 working days). So expecting around 1-1.5 months stay without leaving US.

Some queries

1) My base work location is Rochester, NY. Is there a requirement for me to be in Rochester, NY during the extension period or I can be based anywhere at US (Planning to spend sometime with my friends at Connecticut or Dallas).

2) Do I need to again take this approval to the POE to get a TN i94 or the approval comes with a approved i94 ?

Regards,
RKMSND

1, You can be anywhere in the world while I-129 is being processed. Why aren;t you just going to the border to get TN.
2. If you receive an I-94 with your approval notice, there is nothing to do other than stick it in your passport (along with the information stub),

My company does not want me to do the new TN via border....they want me to be in US when they apply for my TN extension via USCIS. Dont have any choice in this.

Hence I was wondering if I can be anywhere in US during the premium processing time other than my base location.

>>Hence I was wondering if I can be anywhere in US during the premium processing time other than my base location.
Yes, you can be anywhere in the US - not restricted to NY.

and as I already pointed out, you can be anywhere in the world world when an I-129 petition is being processed (it is not like a COS I-539). You would simply have to enter with the approval if you are out of the country when it is approved.