tired of long wait for final approval!Please help!

wating-lee

Registered Users (C)
Hi, Everybody here! I am a new one here. I really think this forum is very useful. I could get many informations that many people really experienced.

My case is like that. In April, 2001, my father and me got the recommeded approval in two weeks after interview, but we have not gotten final approval yet(almost 4 years). I went to SF Asylum Office to inquire many times, every time I got the same answer, "We are still waiting for the FBI Background Check Result, we will mail you the final approval letter upon we receive the result from FBI." I even called FBI finger print deparment to ask about the finger print result, FBI representitive told me that they sent the finger print result back to INS in the same day last year(2004). Both of them are very clear. Maybe we still have to wait for the name check result.

I really feel helpless now because this final approval is very important to us.
How do I do next? I really need your help! Thanks so much!

wating-lee said:
Hi, Everybody here! I am a new one here. I really think this forum is very useful. I could get many informations that many people really experienced.

My case is like that. In April, 2001, my father and me got the recommeded approval in two weeks after interview, but we have not gotten final approval yet(almost 4 years). I went to SF Asylum Office to inquire many times, every time I got the same answer, "We are still waiting for the FBI Background Check Result, we will mail you the final approval letter upon we receive the result from FBI." I even called FBI finger print deparment to ask about the finger print result, FBI representitive told me that they sent the finger print result back to INS in the same day last year(2004). Both of them are very clear. Maybe we still have to wait for the name check result.

I really feel helpless now because this final approval is very important to us.
How do I do next? I really need your help! Thanks so much!
This is outrageous. Do you know what this means? You could have applied already for your green card and your waiting time would have been 2 years. Now, because of this, you would have to wait 12-13 years. I would immediately contact a lawyer to check this serious matter. Good luck,

I have a friend (a lady) in somewhat similar situation. We went to my lawyer (very competent in my opinion) and he told her that there is nothing he could do about such cases. He gave the lady a toll-free number and told her to check occassionally in case INS sends her case for hearing. He also told her not to write anything to INS, because, he said that would complicate her cases. I know it sounds bizzar but that was the advices we got.

The lady has not heard from INS for four years.

shamshon said:
This is outrageous. Do you know what this means? You could have applied already for your green card and your waiting time would have been 2 years. Now, because of this, you would have to wait 12-13 years. I would immediately contact a lawyer to check this serious matter. Good luck,

You will need the service of a competent and aggressive lawyer who can get in touch with persons at the USCIS office in Washington and who is willing to go to federal courts if necessary to compel the USCIS to adjudicate the case.

my cousin waiting for 8 yrs....!

same story is with my cousin.he's been waiting for last 8 yrs to get his decision.he went through twice interview.even his asylum officer says..he recomended both times his approval..but..he cannt do anything..and attorney's says..case is pending with headquater in DC..and you never know what will happen...?

Last edited by a moderator:
Trend

I remember someone talked about the lady who was also waiting for the final approval for four years. Guess what? Both of these cases involve SF office. I thing there is something fishy in that office. After I applied for asylum, my interview was scheduled in one week. Then I received asylum recommendation after a week and four weeks after that I had my final approval. Looking at these cases, I can't thank God enough. I really had a great lawyer though.
Good luck you guys.

Gilbert said:
You will need the service of a competent and aggressive lawyer who can get in touch with persons at the USCIS office in Washington and who is willing to go to federal courts if necessary to compel the USCIS to adjudicate the case.

Hi,Gilbert!

Can I contact the BCIS in Washington by myself? Do you know any way that I can contact them? Thank you!

wating-lee said:
Hi,Gilbert!

Can I contact the BCIS in Washington by myself? Do you know any way that I can contact them? Thank you!

You can certainly try to contact them yourself. But you will probably be ignored. A good lawyer will have the direct phone numbers and email addresses for the senior management members of the CIS asylum program. A few phone calls are probably all he needs to figure out what is going on. Unfortunately his service will cost $$$$.

Good luck.

I know it is going to sound bizarre to some people but why you don’t try to have college lawyers. I got my asylum due to an immigration professor in my university. She applied for me and recently applied for I730 for me. She is a hard worker and every time, she is ready to call and challenge INS officers. Many students in my university got their approval status thanks for her. The job is free, no $$$$. I believe thanks to my own experience and my cousin's that free lawyers(no $$$$) work better than lawyers we may pay $$$ to.

Pending Case Approved!

Hi, Everybody,

I am just posting to share my goo news. After 5 1/2 years waiting, my and my dad case has been approved by SF office. By my experience, the only thing you can do is to wait.

Thank you for you help!