Timeline for I-130 --> I-485 --> I-551 for biological toddler of USC? (not AoS)

abumiqdad

Hi All.

Anyone who had petitioned for his/her biological toddlers (or maybe adopted baby) of a US citizen (that cannot pass the citizenship automatically to the offspring) can share the timeline of the whole process here, if it is done out of the USA?

I am about to submit I 130 soon and would like to try to plan my schedules ahead (especially if i need to travel into the USA to complte the process).

1. From zero to I 551 sticker, how long each step takes? (start --> I 130 --> I 485 --> I 551 --> PoE)

2. And the I 551 sticker, does it have a validity date (where the child needs to enter the USA to get it stamped at PoE)? If yes, how long does it usually be valid for?

Thank you.

I-485 is for AOS. Since they are not doing AOS, I-485 is not involved.

The child is doing Consular Processing outside the US. They will eventually get an immigrant visa. The whole process from filing of I-130 to getting the immigrant visa takes maybe about a year. They have to enter using the immigrant visa on or before the expiration date of the visa. They will only become a permanent resident after entering the US with the immigrant visa. I-551 = green card which they will only have upon becoming a permanent resident (when they enter the US with their immigrant visa). In fact, their immigrant visa, upon entering, ceases to be an immigrant visa and automatically turns into an I-551 valid for one year from the date of entry. They will get a plastic card (which is also an I-551) later.

I-485 is for AOS. Since they are not doing AOS, I-485 is not involved.

The child is doing Consular Processing outside the US. They will eventually get an immigrant visa. The whole process from filing of I-130 to getting the immigrant visa takes maybe about a year. They have to enter using the immigrant visa on or before the expiration date of the visa. They will only become a permanent resident after entering the US with the immigrant visa. I-551 = green card which they will only have upon becoming a permanent resident (when they enter the US with their immigrant visa). In fact, their immigrant visa, upon entering, ceases to be an immigrant visa and automatically turns into an I-551 valid for one year from the date of entry. They will get a plastic card (which is also an I-551) later.

Aha thank you for correcting my misunderstanding. Have re-read the steps again here:
https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents.html

So i guess the step after I 130 is just DS 261, and then DS 260 , then sticker on passport. Alright will aim for 1 year processing period. Thank you!