Time spent with spouse can be counted as time spent in canada for Citizenship purpose

jack11

can Time spent with spouse counted as time spent in canada for Citizenship purpose?

Hi,
I am on H1 and my wife is on H4. According to the information from the url below, it seems that if you are accompanying your spouse then you dont lose your canadian residence. Now my question is that "Is this rule applicable while applying for citizenship too or not?" that is the time spent with spouse can be counted as time spent in canada for citizenship purpose?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/guides/5445E3.html#wp288397
15. List all of your absences from Canada during the past five years or if you became a permanent resident less than five years ago, your absences since becoming a permanent resident. Absences include vacations. You must account for each month. Note that if, with respect to a five-year period, you were not, for a total of 730 days;

1.physically present in Canada;
2.outside Canada accompanying a Canadian citizen who is your spouse or common-law partner or, in the case of a child, their parent;

you may not have upheld the residency obligations required of Canadian permanent residents and may consequently lose permanent resident status.

Last edited by a moderator:
The your wife will always be a PR of canada irrespective of the 2 out of 5 rule and she can move out with you anywhere and live as long as she wants however for citizenship purposes she "STILL" have to be physically resident in Canada for 3 out of 4 years