1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are looking for volunteer moderators for the forums for various topics. If you are interested and feel that you have the experience for the same, please contact us with your name and topic of interest and your experience in the area in which you wish to volunteer. A moderator is required to visit the forum on a regular basis, control spam, report offending posters, provide recommendations for reorganizing the forums etc.
  3. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

Time between interview notice and the actual interview

Discussion in 'US Citizenship' started by dadue, Apr 7, 2005.

1. dadue

dadue New Member

Hi,

Could anyone please share your experience/timeline about when you received your naturalization interview notice and when the actual interview was scheduled?

I'm planning a vacation abroad (for about 3~4 weeks) and am worried about getting an interview notice while on vacation and could not make it back in time...

My DO is LA. Thanks in advance! :)

Dadue
  2. Anahit

Anahit Registered Users (C)

My DO is LA, too. My daughter got her interview letter on January 26 for March 8, about 6 weeks before the interview. CAAplier on this forum got the letter on 12/03/04 for 02/09/05, more than 9 weeks before the interview...
    Search some more on this forum, you'll have more information to make a decision.
  3. sony55

sony55 Banned

usually, it takes between 6 weeks up to 16 weeks in some incidents. I believe you should be fine , have a safe trip and enjoy yourself!
  4. maheshgajanan

maheshgajanan Registered Users (C)

For LA DO, I got my interview letter 4 to 5 weeks before the interview.
  5. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash Volunteer Moderator

Each District Office varies on this, and most of times- it also depends on case-by-case basis. However, by law, USCIS must have to give at least 14 days for an advance notice for the interview.