The best way to save my GC last chance :(

Assa1979

Helle everybody

I got my green card through DV around the end od 2009. For personal reason, I was never able to settle down in the US; I just lived there a couple of months. I went out for almost a year after GC, came back to apply for a re entry permit, left for 2 years, came back with a valid re entry permit with my son born outside the US (he got a stamp on his passport) and left again. When I entered the US with my valid re entry permit I was flagged for no reason. An officer told me that when I was doing the paperwork for my son

My personal situation is OK now and I am 100% sure that a want to live in the US and even got a job offer but I have been out of the US for 10 months now.

What is the best solution, go throught the canadian border because the officers are nicer? If I fly to the US which POE woud be better? Ask for a returning resident visa (I heard they could take the GC on the spot in case of denial? Entering the US with my US Citizen daughter who is 4 would be of any help?

To be fully honest at one point, I just thought that I would just give up the card and that's why I did no tax return. I know my case is almost not defendable. I hold a french passport, if I'm denied entry can I enter the US for vacation in the future because I have family there and my daughter was born in the US and has a valid passport? I am gathering information to fix tha tax issue, I was unemployed for a very long time here in France so I guess I won't have taxes to pay but I know it's part of maintainig the status;

How could a defend my case?

Thanks in advance

I guess I'm waking up a little late lol I was confused with the dates; my re entry permit expired on Jan 2013 so almost 2 years ago, so if I judge that I don't have anything to loose I will apply for a returning resident visa or surrender the card and try the canadian immigration process (I also held a Canadian permanent resident card but due to the same personal issues, it also expired; maybe be I'll try the US DV again lol, I've been selected twice why not a third time lol
I had been pretty lucky so far but let all my chances go; but I'm in a different state of mind now
best of luck to all

Why do you want to live in the U.S. now? Isn't it just "the grass is always greener on the other side" thing?

It doesn't matter when your re-entry permit expired as long as it has been less then 1 year since you left the U.S. If it is less than one year, then hurry up get a plane ticket and go! You will get questioned, but if you come up with a credible story and strong intent to make U.S. your permanent home, I believe they will finally let you in. Maybe you won't face any questions at all.

In my case it has always been funny. When I went for a day trip to Canada, I got grilled on the way back. When I got from 10 month vacation, nobody questioned me anything.