1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "been there done that" thread: life in the US after DV

Discussion in 'Lottery Visas - DV' started by SusieQQQ, Oct 13, 2014.

1. saabe

saabe Member

At least where I live,....if you're overqualified and want to land a job in something "below your level",...tailor you CV according to the job requirements. If it's something that doesn't require degrees, put just "High School Degree". I am sure it's the same in the US. My cousin who has a bachelor degree in Chemistry found a job in just 15 days, although not in his field and much below his level of education (Cashier,...now he's a business owner and doing quite well). Maybe you need to revise your "method" of job-seeking. Here is a tip: Forget about internet if you want an unskilled job (temporarily just to earn some money,...you'll have time to find your dream job once you're settled). You must swallow your pride and ask around. Also take into account that it's harder to find a job in Forensic Science than in IT for example,...I'm sure it's the same thing even in your country.

2. SusieQQQ

SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

FYI for those who are to replace green cards ...if lost, stolen or have a child turning 14...
    After an enquiry today we were told that this is one of the things where one service center (in this case, Potomac) covers the entire nation. They are currently processing applications from September 12 2016, so there is an 11 month delay on these.

3. Lucid

Lucid Active Member

Wow, that's very long waiting time.