TD visa status - got W-9 form

cdn99

We are all Canadian nationals and I am currently working on TN visa and my family on TD visa status.
Can someone please assist me with one question as my son who is in high school got W-9 form from Community education center as he wants to be student referee for few league games.
As we do have ITIN but not SSN, is he eligible to work on TD status ?
Thanks

Teenager on TD is a lousy existence. No summer jobs (in US), no mowing lawns/shoveling jobs. And in some states, one can't even get a driving permit or license.

it sucks that your teenagers friends can work part time, but they cannot work at all on TD status.
in California, you can get your drivers permit at 15 1/2 years old, and licence (graduated licence) at 16 with TD status. licence expiry date will be same as I-94 / TD status expiry.
also note, if your child will to go to college on TD status you need to pay "out of state" tuition. (same as international student tuition} regardless how many years you have been paying state taxes on TN status. (not fair!).
for California community colleges that is an extra $5k, for California State Universities that is an extra $10k, for University of California system that is an extra $20k. (UCLA, UCSB, UCI, etc).

The reference to not being able to get DL is dependent on each state of course, so what goes for Cali, doesn't necessarily extend elsewhere, particularly in states where one MUST have an SSN to get DL.