TD Visa for dependents

starit1977

Hi,

I got my TN Visa just couple of days ago. Thanks to all your support, this wouldn't be possible with you (specifically the user Nelsona). Very very much appreciated.

Q1) I didn't took my wife and kid while going for TN since I felt better to do mine first. Can I take my wife and kid now for TD visa, and once they get it make a U Turn and come back to Canada?

Q2) If my spouse is INDIAN resident, can she still come with me at border for TD visa OR I must go to US Consulate?

Q3) I wonder if they ask why have you not started working there since we gave you TN visa, what should i say?

Q4) If they ask, are you moving now or today with family, what do i say?

The plan is to wrap up pending activities as soon as possible and go to US. But not sure how to word it when they ask.

Thanks again as always.

1/2. Your Cdn child can get TD status at the border anytime. Your spouse, since not CDn, mustfirst get a Consular Visa, and then get TD status at the border.
3. They won't, but you canmerely say that they have given me permission to wrap up my Cdn affairs. In any event, you are quite free to live in canada while on TN, so there is no reason for them to insist that you already be in the US.
4. Se 3. Your family can get TN status while remaining living in canada.

hi,

my wife is on TD status now she is going to Pakistan,what are the documents she need to apply for TD visa at the embassy in pak. she got here status chnge in US, they gave her a paper saying new I-94 no and status chnge to TD.they did not stamp her pasport. now as she is going to visist pak she needs to apply for Td visa so that she can come back here.please tell me reqyired doc.

To avoid the questions about why you haven’t started work, don’t get your daughter’s TD until she is going to enter “for real.” No need to get it ahead of time as she will be granted TD as you have the TN. For your wife, if she doesn’t have a Canadian passport, she must apply for a TD Visa at the US Consulate.

hi,

my wife is on TD status now she is going to Pakistan,what are the documents she need to apply for TD visa at the embassy in pak. she got here status chnge in US, they gave her a paper saying new I-94 no and status chnge to TD.they did not stamp her pasport. now as she is going to visist pak she needs to apply for Td visa so that she can come back here.please tell me reqyired doc.

her TD approval notice, a copy of YOUR I-94 for TN, and proof of marriage. the consulate's website will list other items.

Hi Nelsona,

I'm applying for my wife TD visa at the US consulate since she is not a canadian citizen. I have got the following document, can you please let me know if i'm missing something.
1) My TN visa stamp
2) My employment letter
3) My first paystub
4) Her passport
5) Marriage certificate
6) Bank statement that shows joint account
7) Her employment letter
8) My child birth certificate
9) Completed ds 160 form.

Is there anything I'm missing. Do i need physical photograph for her? Sorry i'm not able to get the full list since lot of website say differnt things.
If i change my job and get a new TN, is this procedure something to be repeated again and again?

Thanks
Pranav.

You don't need any letter or paystub, not joint account. Why would she have an employement letter?she is not allowed to work.so,

she only needs 1, 4, 5, 9. The DS form will tell you whether she needs picture.