TCS suing ex-employee for breach of contract

TCS Sucks....

Hi,

I am currently in TCS on L1 and planning to resign and activate my H1. I have no clue what to do... initially I thought i will give 1 day notice but later I thought it would be good if I leave TCS by giving them 2 weeks notice.

Can anyone please suggest me on this????

All ,
I had resigned tcs in Feb 2010 after servinf 3 + yeras at onsite and they have sent a letter to my india address ...I am really scared ..Please suggest what you guys did ???
I need to respond ASAP ..any help will be of great help

Regards
Suja
I got a letter yesterday as well. Its been around 6 months since I left TCS. I did inform my managers beforehand so that there are no issues with the project execution, and also took an exit interview with the HR before leaving. Now I get a letter asking for a collateral of 5 lakhs. My accumulated PF worth around 1.5 lakhs is still withheld by Tata, which I really dont care abt. But, I am no way willing to pay a penny more.Request anyone with previous experience in this regard to advise.

to begin with try to get 10-20 people together and just send an email to TCS corporate people saying that you are all willing to fight it out and you are going to file a class action lawsuit.......

Never ever threaten a corporation. Never ever send any letter which may affect your legal rights. Get a lawyer, let him do all the threatening. If you get 10-20 people, it shouldn't be a problem to get a lawyer to take up the case for free or some small up-front charge.

What amount we can pay ?

Hi guys,

I am also on the same Boat.Can anyone please let me know what is the amount they are asking now a days and how much usually people are paying?
Also are we getting PF,retrials etc...including experience letter..Please help ..

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,

Any updates on this ? Do TCS proceed further after sending legal notice etc ? I too got a legal notice from TCS asking me to pay 5 lakhs + 18% interest to my parents in India.They are even threatning to sue the people who did the surety :(

Thanks

Hi

Hi Guys,

I am also in same boat, I worked for TCS around 6 Year, rating and all problem so finally I left in 2009 end, somewhere in mid of last year for family emergency I went to India, to clear out the TCS thing I went mumbai TCS office and talked to many people, no one gave correct info, finally one person said to pay 1.20 lac and I can get exp letter, skill certificate and other letter, but as I had family emergency so I was running short of cash and not able to settle, now when again I talked to them then they said the person with whom I spoke to is with some different role, and once I pay amount (DD or online transfer, they are not accepting check) then they will issue certificate, I asked so many times what it will contain and after so many times asking the same thing they said they will give letter that I worked with TCS for start date and end date, nothing more, no skill certificate, I said I want skill certificate and they said they are not issuing, now question is I am near to my 6 year in USA (more than 4 year TCS USA) and my current employer just filed PERM in EB2 and for next stage I-140 they want all my previous experience letter, attorney said coworker can give such letter and it works but now a days when I follow couple of forums people says it doesnt work and creates problem, any idea .............though................ any suggestion

Need information - same situation

Hello samamerica,

Thank you for your valuable inputs. I have recently resigned from TCS from onsite. I have few questions regarding settlement process. Could you please share your email ID? If you have any tips on negotiation process, that would be of a great help. Thanks in advance.

hi,

i received experience letter from TCS.
TCS mumbai is having well established process for this and they issue receipt (for amount u pay to them) and experience letter after ur payments are cleared. Make sure everything is crystal clear in emails (no assumptions) with settlement dept before sending draft to TCS. They even allow fund transfer thru ICICI.

I need help as well

I am working in australiA these days and few days back parents received a letter telling that I have been blacklisted by TcS and which means I can not get a job in India. Is this true? I left the company after marrige but in a jiffy I could not serve my notice period.
Please tell me what can I do?

H1b In TCS- Trying to search another job

Hi there! after reading all these, I am really scared to continue. I am in H1b and living in US for one of the TCS project in NY and my H1B is valid for next 3 years. But I want to quit TCS but it just one month I came to US. Is it safe to resign now? or Do I have to pay any penatly? BTW, I want to get all the expeirence letters and Full and final settlement. suggest me a smooth way

Hi there! after reading all these, I am really scared to continue. I am in H1b and living in US for one of the TCS project in NY and my H1B is valid for next 3 years. But I want to quit TCS but it just one month I came to US. Is it safe to resign now? or Do I have to pay any penatly? BTW, I want to get all the expeirence letters and Full and final settlement. suggest me a smooth way

You will need to contact a lawyer in the State under the laws of which your contract of employment was created.

Employer threatening breach of contract

Hello all

I recently took up a Full time position with employer B. I am currently on h1. My previous employer A is threatening me with breach of contract and asking me to pay $50000 as per the confidentiality agreement. The employer is with holding salary for the last 4 months. I recently had twins and have lot of expenses to cover personally and medical as well. The contract also says that I should be paid on 5th of every month by direct deposit which never happened during my 2 yrs with employer A. I am in lot of mental stress becoz of this and not even able to concentrate on my work nor spend good time with the newborns.

Please let me know the options I have with regards to this matter