Taxes visa J2

jamenchou

Hello,

I am on visa j2 and i am working since september 2014 .
I have an issue to fill out my 1040 NR form. Is someone know how to do it ? thank you in advance,

Elodie

Yes do you know how can i calculate the number on the line 42 ??(form 1040 NR) I tied to read the instructions but i don't really understand :/

Yes do you know how can i calculate the number on the line 42 ??(form 1040 NR) I tied to read the instructions but i don't really understand :/
Usually you use either the Tax Tables in the instructions (if your taxable income is less than $100,000) or the Tax Computation Worksheet in the instructions after the Tax Tables (if your taxable income is more than $100,000).

Oh no my taxe income is less than 45000....and i owe 1600 to the federal taxes so i don't really understand.
H&R block did my taxes return but i tried to figure out how can i owe this big amount with a little salary.......

Oh no my taxe income is less than 45000....and i owe 1600 to the federal taxes so i don't really understand.
H&R block did my taxes return but i tried to figure out how can i owe this big amount with a little salary.......
Just download 1040-nr and 1040-nr instruction fron the irs website. Fill the information from your W2. It's very easy to fill out. Figure out your tax from the instruction table.