Tax Account Transcript or Tax Return Transcript?

rxonyc

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone, we are working on CR1 visa for my husband and having this minor question regarding tax transcript.
We both understand the fact that we are supposed to bring tax transcripts as affidavit support evidence and the differences between tax account transcript and tax return transcript.
The question is: which one should we bring? account transcript (less pages with basic info.) or tax return transcript (more pages with more details)? or either one is OK?
We already have account transcripts in hand, just want to make sure if it's necessary for us to get tax return transcript as well.
Thanks in advance!

You should bring the tax transcript. You can tall the IRS line and have them faxed to you, provided it is a personal fax only accessible to you for privacy and confidentiality. I am not sure where you got the account transcript, I would be concerned with an official transcript from IRS. best wishes to you.

You should bring the tax transcript. You can tall the IRS line and have them faxed to you, provided it is a personal fax only accessible to you for privacy and confidentiality. I am not sure where you got the account transcript, I would be concerned with an official transcript from IRS. best wishes to you.

Hi Al, thanks for your reply. To clarify, we got account transcripts from local IRS office(walk-in services) by telling them it's for immigration application. In this case, I suppose it is official transcript from IRS. I've been told about tax transcripts all the time, but there are really two kinds of tax transcripts:tax account transcript and tax return transcripts. IRS explains the differences pretty clear as well (see this link - http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=105370,00.html ). But I'm just not sure if it does matter to bring THE VERY one out of two or it really doesn't matter which as long as it shows adjusted gross income and stuff for affidavit support purposes.
Anyone?

Did you pay for the tax account transcript or they were free? You should take the tax transcript from the IRS office, they should suffice in meeting USCIS requirements, especially for period being requested.

No. the tax account transcripts are free. So when you say tax transcript, you actually mean "tax return transcript" right?
Again, thanks for your reply:)

hi, whoever's confused as I was, FYI, I got an offical answer for this topic: tax return transcript is essential in this case. So I believe what they really ask for is Tax Return Transcript instead of tax account transcript. We lived oversea so we emailed our local embassy.

I guess it means( please correct me if it something else is found links)--
a)Copy of the tax return.In this case I believe it is just copy of the return you submitted to IRS.Some online submission allows to get saved copy while submitting.
or if it is not available
b)Official tax return transcript sent from IRS(normally IRS sends your tax transcript on request)with an official -computer generated enclosed letter too.