Tampa FL - N-400 Timeline

Interview passed

I had my interview today at 7.50 am. I get in around 7.30 along with my husband and the lady called me 5 minutes after. It last around 10 minutes and it was very smooth, however the lady was not a friendly one.

First she went through the application. She asked me for how long I live in US, if I am still married, if I have kids, if I still have the same address, if I travelled after I filled.

She only asked for my green card, however I took out my passport too. She did not checked my passport at all.

She asked me 6 questions out of 10, I read one sentence and I wrote one .
I had 3 huge folders with me, I was prepared with evertyhing possibly can be asked, but she did not ask for any additional documents. With the application I already sent tax returns, joint bills, joint deed, joint health insurance.

I signed the aplication ( 2 signatures) and the photos.
She gave me the N -652 , with Congratulations and you passed the tests being checked.

Now I have to wait for the oath letter.

Special thanks for Jane Green :), Johnny Cash, Bobysmith and I wish good luck for everyone.

I will post when I get the oath letter.

RareGold

RareGold, congratulations! You had a quick process. Hopefully I'll have the same experience as you did, thanks for sharing it with us.

Still waiting for my rescheduled interview date.
It was on 4/1, got a call on 3/31 cancelling it.
Got a letter 4/4 from UCIS stating that they had to reschedule due to unforeseen circumstances. Still have not received the new interview date :)
BTW, my wife's interview went as per schedule on 3/31 and her oath date is on 5/14

Still waiting for my rescheduled interview date.
It was on 4/1, got a call on 3/31 cancelling it.
Got a letter 4/4 from UCIS stating that they had to reschedule due to unforeseen circumstances. Still have not received the new interview date :)
BTW, my wife's interview went as per schedule on 3/31 and her oath date is on 5/14

You may need to make an infopass or talk to your congressman

My timeline

Just wanted to contribute to the general wisdom. Here are my dates...

3/16/09:N-400 Mailed to Lockbox
3/17/2000 :N-400 Received
3/17/2000 :priority Date
4/01/2009 :Notice Date
3/27/2009:NOA Received
4/01/2009 FP Notice Received
4/21/2009:FP Appointment & Done.
xx/xx/xxxx: IL received
xx/xx/xxxx: Interview date,passed

Oath letter received

Dear All,

I have received my oath letter.:) The Oath is scheduled for 05/14/2009 at Tampa Convention center, see my signature. :)

Useless to say, how happy I am. Good luck for everyone.
RareGold

12/15/08:N-400 Mailed to TSC, forwarded to Lockbox
12/18/2008 :N-400 Received from NBC
12/18/2008 :priority Date
01/07/2009 :Notice Date
12/30/2008:NOA Received
01/12/2009 FP Notice Received
01/20/2009:FP Appointment & Done.
02/17/2009: IL received
04/08/2009 : Interview date,passed
04/24/2009 : Oath letter received
05/14/2009: Oath date

APPROVED FOR U.S. CITIZENSHIP!!!!

I can't believe it's all going so quickly.

I only applied back in February of 2009!!!

My appointment was at 8:10 in the morning.

First thing they do is place you under oath. So DON’T LIE! Don’t lie in the interview. You are under oath. Always tell the truth during your interview. If you lie during your interview, you will be denied citizenship. If you are granted citizenship but then USCIS finds out that you lied on your application or during your interview, your citizenship may be taken away.

My friend told me I like to talk too much. He told me "Loose lips sinks citizenships". I laughed so hard. So I kept my answers to a minimum, "yes" and "no" answers.

She asked for my Driver's License, Green Card and Passport (expired in 2001). That's it. She didn't ask for anything else. Although brought my marriage certificate, my wife’s birth certificate, my birth certificate (in French. Quebec, Canada). I also brought my wife’s first marriage divorce papers, three years of tax returns, and three paycheck stubs. As I said, I kept my conversation to “yes” and “no”, I didn’t even offer to show any papers.

I had to read to the following:
"Which state has the most people?"

I had to write the following:
"California has the most people."

They asked the following questions:
1. What is one right or freedom from the First Amendment?
2. Who is in charge of the executive branch?
3. If the President can no longer serve, who becomes President?
4. There are four amendments to the Constitution about who can vote. Describe one of them.
5. During the Cold War, what was the main concern of the United States?
6. What is one reason colonists came to America?

She asked the questions in Part10 of the N-400 application.

In the end I was given an N-652 form stating the following:
Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval. At this time it appears that you have established your eligibility for naturalization. If final approval is granted, you will be notified when to report for the Oath Ceremony.

It seems like it’s still up in the air about me approval for U.S. citizenship. Well anyways, she said I passed with flying colors and that I should be receiving a letter for the oath in a couple of weeks. And it’s at the Tampa Convention Center.

Tampa Convention Center Schedule
I'm guessing my Oath Date is June 11, 2009. But I haven't received my oath letter, that it'll be in a couple of weeks.

Tampa FL - N-400 Timeline
D/O : Tampa, FL

TSC - Tampa DO (TSC - Texas Service Center)
08/09/99 : Recieved Permanent Residency (Green Card - GC)
01/30/09 : N-400 Certified Mail to Texas Lockbox.
02/02/09 : Priority Date.
02/05/09 : Notice Date.
02/06/09 : Check Cashed ($675).
02/10/09 : NOA Received ( I-797C) Notice Of Action
02/17/09 : FingerPrint Notice Received ( I-797C).
03/03/09 : FingerPrint Appointment & Done.
03/13/09 : Interview Letter (IL).
04/30/09 : Interview Date (ID) APPROVED!!!
?? : Oath Letter (OL).
?? : Oath Date (OD).

Last edited by a moderator:
Joopdog, congratulations!!! Thanks so much for the detailed update. I think Tampa is moving fast, your application only took 3 months total before the Oathtaking. I'm happy to see good results. Good luck in your future endeavor.

Tax transcripts necessary?

The letter doesn't say anything about Tax Transcripts. My case is employment-based. I plan to bring copies of my returns with me. Do you think I should make the extra effort to get the transcripts? Thanks.

----------------------------

3/16/09:N-400 Mailed to Lockbox
3/17/2000 :N-400 Received
3/17/2000 :priority Date
4/01/2009 :Notice Date
3/27/2009:NOA Received
4/01/2009 FP Notice Received
4/21/2009:FP Appointment & Done.
5/05/2009: IL received
6/18/2009: Interview date

I am a US Citizen :)

Dear All,

I am proudly announce you that I am a US citizen.:) As for many of you, the journey - no matter how long or short it was - came to an end .

I have taken the Oath at the Tampa Convention Center on May 14.

The event started at 12.30 pm and ended at 3.45 pm, when who participated also had an opportunity to apply for passport right away, ( I brought with me the completed application and photos) so all together I was out of the building at 4.30 pm.

We could sit wherever we wanted with our family members or friends.
The program included a video presentation with Faces of America and the national Anthem was sang. Then we had to register with the Oath letter filled and signed in advance and our GC or any travel documents were taken. We were assigned a number from 0 to 9 based on our oath letter ( I figured out that the number is the third from the back of your A# ) They also gave us an American flag, an Almanac, a 2009 voter's guide and the program of the day.

393 applicants from 79 countries were asked to stand up by country of birth and remain standing. ( We were told , that it was the second Oath administration on this day, so other 400 applicants became citizens on this same day)

The administration of the Oath of allegiance took place afterwards, followed by the Pledge of Allegiance.

They issued the Certificates of naturalization based on our number we got on the oath letter. We had to queue up based on this number. It was very professionally organized.

We take photos with the Statue of Liberty and the flag as a prop, and of course with our certificates in hand . :)

I want to say many thanks for all who helped be in any way with their advices and encouragements. Special thanks to my friend JaneGreen :) ( I promise to see you on your Oath Day) , to JohnnyCash and Bobsmyth.

For all of you on the "road" I wish you all the best and good luck.

Sincerely,
RareGold

Congratulations, RareGold! Thanks for the letting us know how it went. You must be a proud U.S. Citizen now!

Kaligurl! Good luck on your interview tomorrow!

Hope you get your naturalization letter shortly afterwards! ;):D

Tax transcripts

Has anyone in this blog been asked to provide tax transcripts in their interview? I'm just trying to decide if it's worth the time and money to get it when it's not even mentioned in the letter (employment-based).

Thanks.

Update here! I had my interview today. I came not so early, as I got lost in Tampa amidst this crazy construction that is going on there. But, at the end, all was good and I got here with few minutes to spare. They sent me to waiting room and it took only like 5 or 10 minutes before I got called in. The lady was very serious and professional. I took oath and she asked me all the questions from the application. In the middle of all that, she said she would also need to talk to my husband, to prove our marriage, either by phone or in person, as I applied based on marriage. Well, never heard of that, or that I was supposed to bring him with me??? I also brought a tone of documents with me, about myself, him or marital union, but she never asked for any. So she ended up calling him to work, asking me same questions she asked me before (about my trip home, my brother, kids/pets, filing status for 2008 taxes, any separation history and so on), just a few minutes. All went fine, except he couldn't remember one thing from couple years back, nothing major. She then asked me to read "Who elects Congress?" and write "People elect Congress?". Then I answered 6 questions from civics correctly.
1. Who wrote Declaration of Independence?
2. Two major political parties in US?
3. Who is Commander in Chief of military?
4. Political party of current president?
5. One state that borders Mexico?
6. Three original states?
And then she said I am eligible for July 3 ceremony in Orlando (I saw a sign on the wall while in waiting room). Also, I can go to Tampa either June 17 or July 17 (although TCC says June 11). I said the first one would be fine. She said ok, unless already full. That was it. Just a little unexpected drama.

Oops. I forgot. The lady asked me for DL, passport and GC right at the beginning of the interview. That's all.

Congratulaions

Congratulations kaligurl :)

Reading your interview experience, I can swear we had the same officer.

I have 100 % the same 6 questions, same sentence to read and write. :)

I hope you will receive your Oath letter soon. I got it 14 days after the interview.

RareGold

Congratulations, Kaligurl! That was the first time I heard about the husband being interviewed on the phone. I'm happy for you, the difficult part is all over.