Tampa FL - N-400 Timeline

D/O : Tampa, FL

TSC - Tampa DO (TSC - Texas Service Center)
01/30/09 : N-400 Certified Mail to Texas Lockbox.
02/02/09 : N-400 Received.
02/02/09 : Priority Date.
02/05/09 : Notice Date.
02/06/09 : Check Cashed ($675).
02/10/09 : NOA Received ( I-797C) Notice Of Action
02/17/09 : FingerPrint Notice Received ( I-797C).
03/03/09 : FingerPrint Appointment & Done.
03/13/09 : Interview Letter (IL).
04/30/09 : Interview Date (ID).
?? : Oath Letter (OL).
?? : Oath Date (OD).
My ten year Green Card (GC) expires Oct-19-2009. I'm surprised on how quickly the process is going. I'm currently studying the M-476 Naturalization Guide. (http://www.uscis.gov/natzguide)

For the New Naturalization Questions:
http://web.cuny.edu/about/citizenship/us-citizenship/NewCitizenshipTest.html
and
http://www.uscis.gov/newtest

Last edited by a moderator:

My ten year Green Card (GC) expires Oct-19-2009. I'm surprised on how quickly the process is going. I'm currently studying the M-476 Naturalization Guide. (uscis.gov/natzguide)

Joopdog, I've also submitted my N-400 this month because my Green Card will expire in January. Do you think they will question us what took us too long to submit it? If they do, what will you say?

Please brief us after your interview so we'll have an idea how it went.

Thanks!

Joopdog, I've also submitted my N-400 this month because my Green Card will expire in January. Do you think they will question us what took us too long to submit it? If they do, what will you say?

Please brief us after your interview so we'll have an idea how it went.

Thanks!

I didn't think of that. At first, I just wanted to re-new my Green Card (GC). The wife said you'll have to re-new again and again. Why not just become an American Citizen. She was right.

Time went by, I procrastinated, and it’s my fault. I wanted to apply back in 2004, then 2005, and 2006. Time just kept slipping by. I wish I had done it. It was $400 back then. My other Canadian friend did it back in 2005. I wish she called; we could have applied together.

I let you know how it goes.

Bad news, just received a letter from my local office that my interview has been De-scheduled, and no date is given

I'll probably get one as well. I think it's too soon. Something up.

My Priority Date is 02/02/2009 and interview date is 04/30/2009, that's 87 days.

I see Yurik above had 125 days between his Priority and Interview date. And Malgi above had 183 days.

So my guess is I'll be getting a de-schedule notice also.

Anyways, it'll give me more time to study.

The New Naturalization test is very different. They hit you on the the government structure, Principles of American Democracy, System of Government and Rights and Responsibilities.

They really dug deep for these questions. My wife who's a born U.S. citizen don't even know more than half the questions. But these are questions we should know.
Such as:

20. Who is one of your state's U.S. Senators?
Florida U.S. Senators
Mel Martinez - (R - FL)
Bill Nelson - (D - FL)

23. Name your U.S. Representative.
http://www.house.gov/
- Type in your zip code

43. Who is the Governor of your state?
http://www.flgov.com/
Charlie Crist - FL

44. What is the capital of your state?
http://www.talgov.com/
Tallahassee, FL

Info on Florida state:
http://www.50states.com/florida.htm

Thanks for posting those information, joopdog. I'm still waiting for my fingerprint letter.

Interview

Hello!
I passed my interview! :)
I was asked to show my GC and passport (expired long time ago) right way and then, when we talked about overseas travel– my reentry permit.
Interview itself was very formal – we went over all questions on my N-400.
For the exam there was already list with 10 questions printed out and as I answered each of them, my IO wrote down my answers below the questions. After question #6 she stopped asking (I answered them all correctly). Then I read three sentences and wrote down two.
I signed three times as directed and my pictures too. The naturalization invitation will be mailed to me.

important notes:
  • IO checked dates on my GC and date they received my N-400 to make sure I was eligible.
  • If you arrive to the Tampa DO office more, then 30 min before the interview, they won’t let you in the building, instead they will send you to the white trailer.:eek:
If you have any questions I’ll be happy to answer.
~Jane

Congratulations, Jane!

Jane, did you base your application on 3 yrs. married or 5 yrs. as a Permanent Resident?

What kind of pen did you use to sign your photo? How did you sign it, meaning with your full name or printed or cursive?

Is it male or female who interviewed you? Young or old? Just curious.

Congratulations, Jane!
> Thank you!
Jane, did you base your application on 3 yrs. married or 5 yrs. as a Permanent Resident?
> 3 years
What kind of pen did you use to sign your photo?
> Regular, ballpoint, black ink. Pen was already on a desk.
How did you sign it, meaning with your full name or printed or cursive?
>Neither… I signed with my usual scrawled one, like on my checks and DL.
You can ask this question during your interview.

Is it male or female who interviewed you? Young or old? Just curious.
>Female, not young.
`

I'm not from Tampa but that is my District Office, (I'm going for my fingerprinting), I'm coming from Hwy. 27/I4 exit is there someone who can help me with the direction going to the Tampa Office. Here's the address:

USCIS TAMPA
9325 Bay Plaza Blvd.
Bay Plaza I, Suite 215
Tampa, FL 336194412

Yes, I’ll help you. I was just there.

Go south on Hwy 75. Just south of I-4 you’re gonna exit off on Frank Adamo Dr. (Exit #257 - State Road 60). As you exit off Hwy 75 make a right on Adamo Drive.

You’ll go around a slight bend. Then make a left on Ware Blvd (look for empty car lots).

Turn right on Lunar Dr. You’ll come up to a left curve in the road, turn left on Rillie Ln (no choice). On your third driveway make a left you’ll see the 9325 Bay Plaza Blvd building.

Just walk in show your Green Card, ID and paperwork. I was in and out in 30 minutes. It’s all electronic, no more ink and paper.

Click here Live Maps, then click Bird's Eye View.

Also, click here. Then click on Bird's Eye view. You'll see the actual Building.

joopdog, thank you so much for being so helpful. By the way, is the fingerprinting place same place where we will be interviewed?

i had my citizenship interview 0n february 24 2009, i did good civics and english part.but they told me my fingerprints were not clear.( they took 2 times my finger prints ) and they need my police clearance records, i sent my police clearance records on march 13 2009.and i still waiting for my oath letter...ups.i forgot told you my citizenship interview supost to be in december 15 2008 .but suddenly on friday 11 dec.2008 uscis io call me for telephone and canceled my interview because tehy didnot have my file....and then on january ( end of the month) uscis sent my new letter with my re-schedule citizenship inetrview feb.24,2009.

how long.do i have to wait.any ideas.please........

I had my interview scheduled for 4/1 but tampa DO called me on 3/31 and cancelled it. I am waiting for a new interview date