Tampa FL - N-400 Timeline

Dear All,
I interviewed in Tampa Apr-29 and successfully passed the test. IO congratulated me and asked for my marriage certificate to see but it was not with me. Because in USCIS letter that was not indicated. He told me to send the copy of marriage certificate by post and I did it in the same day. Now it's 14 days has gone but I haven't my oath letter yet. Actually is there any body who can tell me how long we need to wait to get oath letter after successful interview. Any idea??

DO- Tampa
N 400 sent Dallas: 12-15-2009
PD- 12-22-2009
NOA received- 12-29-2009
FPL- 02-04-10
LUD- 02-02-10
FPD-02-22-10
IL- 03-09-2010
ID- 04-29-2010 and passed.
OD: ?
PP applied: ?
PP received: ?

June filer, you can check my time line in the Google spreadsheet. You can do early walk-in FPs. Wednesday seems to be the best day because this is the day on which people, who have missed their FP, can walk-in.

User_Tampa, it seems you got your interview letter about 9 days after you completed your fingerprinting. Is this the average time it takes in the Tampa DO to receive interview letter?

I do not know if this is the average time or not. There aren't many Tampa filers that share this information. Look at the time frame of earlier fillers in this threat, and you will see that I had a short turn around for the interview letter. However, my actual FP letter took longer. So, it evens out. It also depends on how fast they will receive your background check etc. (and maybe mitigating circumstances).
I noticed that the office was very busy and that they were over scheduled (many people waiting, not enough seats). This seems to suggest that the processing time might be longer than usual.
I am still waiting on my oath letter because I requested a name change. Name change ceremonies are available at different intervals (Interview early in September, oath in November) because it will be held in court (that is what I was told by my officer).

Thanks User_Tampa, anyone else out there who recently applied for N400, who has TAMPA as the district office? I am trying to know how long is the wait between biometrics done and receiving interview letter. Thanks for your input.

Hello, I am still wondering if there are any recent N400 filers from the Tampa district office. Does anyone know how long its taking now from biometrics to interview letter? thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our Recent Tampa Timeline

My wife, daughter and I have done our processing through Tampa. We applied on June 17, 2010, recieved fingerprint notice for Aug. 4. My wife and I then recieved our test and interview date for Sept. 21st, but unfortunately my daughter had to redo her fingerprints. I then sent a letter to the office, asking to reschedule our interviews until my daughter's fingerprints were done, so we could all be tested the same day. We live a couple of hours drive away, so we didn't want to make multiple trips.

She redid fingerprints at the end of August, and then we all recieved our testing notice for October 21st. I was called in first, officer said I passed, and told me the next oath ceremony would be on Nov. 9th. I told him I was flying out of the country on the 11th, so I couldn't give up my green card, and he told me he would make a note to schedule me for the Dec. 14th ceremony.

I came back to the waiting room, and my wife and daughter hadn't gone in yet, so I told them to tell their officers to schedule for the December ceremony. Needless to say, I guess my daughter's officer didn't pay attention and she recieved a letter for the Novemeber oath within 5 days! So, I had to send another letter asking them to reschedule her for December so it could be at the same time as ours.

And now we wait for our letters. I assume we will get them around the end of the month. If my daughter hadn't had to redo her fingerprints, I think we would have had our oath in October, so they are only taking approximately 4 months for processing. Much much faster than my GC fiasco which took years.

hi, am new to the forum. need info for my parents. both seniors and will apply from tampa. dad is unwell so probably cant take the test...but just trying to figure out how long this takes from the moment the citizenship forms are filled. any advise from anyone regarding the same will be appreciated. thanks

Hello, if anyone has applied for N400 from Tampa in the past couple of months, could you please share your timeline or share how long it took after biometrics for case to be transfered to local office. I completed my biometrics in September but I still haven't received interview letter. Thanks.

Has anyone been to the Tampa ASC recently? Do they still allow walk-in FP? There are posts few months back saying walk-ins were allowed.
Anywhere to find the Tampa ASC phone #?? I can call 1-800-375-5283, but it sounds to be a national call center and gonna just say no without knowing the exact details (called before for another case in CA)....
Thanks in advance.

I had my interview in Tampa today. Interview was cake. Typical 6 easy question, then STAMP APPROVED! Let me tell you all that USCIS is a great agency!!!!!!

Very rear, but my lawyer pulled some strings for me and I got to take oath right in the office after my interview (which is unheard of in Tampa)! How you do this is have your attorney contact the N-400 supervisor via email for you Tampa filiers! I didn't want to wait 1-2 months for the oath at the convention center.....
Trial

I know its been a while since this thread was used, but I have a question about the possibility of having both my oath and interview on the same day. I am really trying to get this over with so that I can register to vote in November election. My interview date is Sept 17, 2012 at 7:30 am, and I was told I need at least one month before the election to register to vote here in Florida. So if I can do both the oath and inteview in the same day I should be good for the November elections.

I also noticed that Tampa has a new location that was opened since this original poster shared the information about requesting the oath and interview the same day. Does anyone know if this strategy is still available?

Sincerely

Did you get you oath letter?

I have the same situation , I send them clearence letter . Waiting now... How long it took for you? QUOTE=canela2009;2029439]i had my citizenship interview 0n february 24 2009, i did good civics and english part.but they told me my fingerprints were not clear.( they took 2 times my finger prints ) and they need my police clearance records, i sent my police clearance records on march 13 2009.and i still waiting for my oath letter...ups.i forgot told you my citizenship interview supost to be in december 15 2008 .but suddenly on friday 11 dec.2008 uscis io call me for telephone and canceled my interview because tehy didnot have my file....and then on january ( end of the month) uscis sent my new letter with my re-schedule citizenship inetrview feb.24,2009.

how long.do i have to wait.any ideas.please........[/QUOTE]