Switching company

uh18104

Registered Users (C)
I got my passport stamped for 1-485 approval (VSC) last Friday.
Early this week, I got very attractive offer letter from a
company in Dallas,TX. Could anyone advise me what should I have to
prepare at this juncture to take that job offer?
Many thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
ps.
   I filed the 485 as EB1

better to wait

i am going by the 6 month rule. I got my stamping in august, but thought it better to wait 6 months. Your case is strong in event of any litigation by your previous employer.

If you can get...

a no objection letter from your employer ( that he wouldnt claim that you left as son as reeciveing the GC) , you should be fine. Otherwise ther\'s always the risk of INS considering this a fraud i.e when they are notified, in case you dont part in good terms with your employer.

INS

I talked to a couple of INS officers. They firmly indicated that,
as soon as I-551 is stamped, switching company is absolutely fine.
However, I asked for any supporting memo (or documet), they said
there is no such thing.

AOS

Hi JoeF,

Thanks a lot for pointing me an excellent article!
  Here is my background info. Could you advise me whether
  sponsoring employer possibly tickles INS to reinvestigate
  my residence approval?

(1) my residence application bypassed the labor certification
         since my case was filed as an EB-1
     (2) there exists no form that I signed for residence supports
         from the sponsoring company
     (3) as soon as getting my passport stamped, I informed the HR
         to update I-9 and I got the copy of the update.

Thanks in advance,

ps. Could you possibly tell me what is AOS?

how about AC-21 impact?

if someone has changed jobs before 485 approval - in the same field, of course, what is the impact of an immediate job change after PP stamping?

at the time of 485 filing, there was intent to join, at the time of adjudication, the intent and actual job was in the same field.

No Title

I believe EB1 Multinational Executives need to wait a little longer as their whole GC basis is to serve the US Opearations (and hence didn\'t go thru LC). This is what my attorney told me!

How much longer? I have no clue... back to Ron\'s article!

ron\'s article is legally accurate

of course its better and most conservative to stay with the sponsoring company till citizenship 5 yrs later, but what is the practical reality?

please post actual experiences - does anyone know people who changed jobs fast, and got citizenship without hassles?

No Title

What benefit will it give you?
You need to assess the risk and you are not going to be able to that unless you have good statistics.
e.g. if you heard that 10 got their citizenship approved after leaving sponsor within 1 month. Is it safe? It may be that those are of the few that managed that and are still able to respond (or not).

If YOU get deported, possibly years after getting citizenship, you will not care about practical reality for others anymore.

As I see it, 6 months which is considered long enough by most, is relatively small price to pay to avoid the risk. i.e. gain/risk ratio in this case makes leaving early not worth it.
Otherwise, there are legal ways out soon after PR status is received, when life brings about unexpected circumstances after DOE.

What happens when one gets fired?

Let\'s say that someone gets fired after getting GC approval. Can he/she get into trouble down the road? What happens to intent/good faith from both parties? Who\'s to blame for the breakoff?

Abu for you

I have been seeing your posts. Even Ron\'s article says that sometimes even 2-3 months will be sufficient to demonstrate the intent to work for the same employer, 6 months mean nothing, its not the time, its the intent.

No Title

After AC21 memo came out, I noticed many people were able to get 485 approval.
I would like to know whether or not "switching company" should be justified
based on AC21 since it has well passed 6 months after 485 was filed.
Thanks in advance for your advise.

AC21 changers

The real question after AC21 is NOT what is the time for leaving sponsoring employer, but whether there is any limitation of intending to stick to the 2nd/3rd/4th employer, and/or staying in the same field for ever and ever - if 485 is pending >180 days.

After GC, with the old law, u could switch to any job in any field.

Company Acquired after GC

My sponser company(a small firm) is on its way to be acquired
by other company in the east coast. The official anuncement of
the acquisition will be released at January, about one month
after my g.c.\'s approval. My current sponsing company will
become the local branch of that large company.
In this situation, if I make any move after aquisition, then do you
think am I OK?