1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Obama's LEGAL immigration reform 2015.

    What does it mean? Listen to video discussions by Attorney Rajiv S. Khanna on Immigration.com YouTube Channel. Subscribe to Our YouTube channel to be notified when new updates are posted.

Surrender of Green Card and to get 10 Yrs visitor Visa : Procedure to be followed

Discussion in 'Life After The Green Card' started by Radni, Jul 9, 2011.

  1. Radni

    Radni Registered Users (C)

    If someone wants to surrender current and valid GC ( as not possible to maintain it due to long stays in India ) , what is the procedure to be done at the Consulate office in India ? Also he would want to apply and get a 10 yrs multiple entry visa for USA at the same time of surrender of his GC . His GC is current and valid as he made last trip to USA only 4 months back.
    Please suggest the forms to be submitted and process to be followed.
  2. Jackolantern

    Jackolantern Registered Users (C)

    File form I-407 to surrender the GC, and DS-160 to apply for a tourist visa. Contact the nearest US consulate for details of their procedures for setting up an appointment and paying the fee (I don't think there is a fee for GC surrender, but there definitely is one for the tourist visa). Many consulates have web sites so you can look there for info.
  3. Radni

    Radni Registered Users (C)

    Thanks Jackolantern,
    He wish to get a 10 yrs visa ( Multiple entry ) at the time of surrender of GC. How to synchrinise this ? Can he get the appointment for Nonimmigrant tourist visa and then at the time of the interview ( appointment ) also produce Form I 407 to surrender the GC ? What will be proper way to handle this situation ? Any idea , Pl send views.
  4. Jackolantern

    Jackolantern Registered Users (C)

    Yes, he can produce the I-407 and GC at the tourist visa interview. But he shouldn't specifically ask for 10 years -- they know everybody wants 10 years, and they will decide how long the visa will be (but 10 years is very likely, give that he is surrendering the GC).

Share This Page