1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supreme Court allows Trump's travel ban to partially take effect

Discussion in 'Lottery Visas - DV' started by EURO2014, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Britsimon

Britsimon Super Moderator

None of us can know what will happen. This has never happened before. However, the one thing that is certain as that processing cannot go on after September 30, NO cases will be approved after that time.

2. Xarthisius

Xarthisius New Member

3. SusieQQQ

SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

Hm, some of those quotes don't stand a chance. Like the ones about the "promise" - and the guy who sold everything - the selectee letters always say visas are not guaranteed. There is never a promise. I hope they have a stronger case on the discrimination side because no one ever won a DV case on the basis that they should have got a visa just because they were selected. And even in cases where the DOS was found to have erred, no visas can be issued after FY end. So they'll need to get this heard and won PDQ.

4. Britsimon

Britsimon Super Moderator

Wow, that complaint is VERY badly researched. It has no hope of winning, based on the arguments laid out. I'm amazed that the lawyers are so I'll informed (and I normally have low expectations of immigration lawyers regarding DV cases).