• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

successful interview

sam1990

Registered Users (C)
i would like to thank everyone who helped me through this forum.
i had my interview in us embassy London last week, actually m from asia. the interview went all well and received my visa today.
interview went like this
some greetings
co asked many question like married date, time in london, ever applied in us before?, mainly focused on affidavit of support like relation between me and sponsor, how sponsor got green card, where they work, where they live, who gonna support u financially(we told him our parents coz we are in student visa in london and still supported by parents, as no evidence required) etc. at the end co gave our original doc back and told its been approved and pp with visa will be couriered back to registered address.
but anyone have interview in london dont forget to take the visa fee in cash too as sometime their credit card system doesnt work and you have to go outside to withdraw some cash which is not a big deal eventhough to be in safe side, photocopy each doc and affidavit of support I134 is somehow important and if you can get job offer letter then thats a plus point coz we are asked about that too. and visa expiration date is the expiry date of medical.
once again thanks to everyone who replied in my previous thread to be success today.

i would like to thank everyone who helped me through this forum.
i had my interview in us embassy London last week, actually m from asia. the interview went all well and received my visa today.
interview went like this
some greetings
co asked many question like married date, time in london, ever applied in us before?, mainly focused on affidavit of support like relation between me and sponsor, how sponsor got green card, where they work, where they live, who gonna support u financially(we told him our parents coz we are in student visa in london and still supported by parents, as no evidence required) etc. at the end co gave our original doc back and told its been approved and pp with visa will be couriered back to registered address.
but anyone have interview in london dont forget to take the visa fee in cash too as sometime their credit card system doesnt work and you have to go outside to withdraw some cash which is not a big deal eventhough to be in safe side, photocopy each doc and affidavit of support I134 is somehow important and if you can get job offer letter then thats a plus point coz we are asked about that too. and visa expiration date is the expiry date of medical.
once again thanks to everyone who replied in my previous thread to be success today.

Congratulations Sam!

thanks vladek, u guys made it easy for me.
but like to ask u one more thing that i want to live in different address than that of my alien reg form, in this case how can i change my address for my green card to be posted to different address?
any suggestion?
thanks

Congrats sam :) have a safe trip :)
but like to ask u one more thing that i want to live in different address than that of my alien reg form, in this case how can i change my address for my green card to be posted to different address?
any suggestion?
thanks

any suggestion?
thanks

When you enter the US for the first time you will be asked to confirm the address you have previously given - that will be the opportunity to change it to another address, and that address is where the GC will be sent.

When you enter the US for the first time you will be asked to confirm the address you have previously given - that will be the opportunity to change it to another address, and that address is where the GC will be sent.
thanks britsimon for this info, really respect u guys here helping underdogs like us.
thanks again