successful CP MUMBAI AC140

I do not understand this part. I thought one has to always go through NVC for CP. Could you please let everybody know what exactly is this process.

Ram,

If you had not opted for CP while doing 140 then your approval will not go to NVC.

To change from AOS to CP, you need to file I824 . If you have filed I834, some consulates like Mumbai, will accept your CP case without I824 approval. In this case, the attorney has to certify that 140 is approved ...

Raju595 said:
This is not a required document, however candidates do carry them to show if needed. It is not a problem if you don't have originals (actually the original belongs to the employer). Just carry the copy you have.

Raju
At least make sure that you have the latest (current) approval.

alren said:
Ram,

If you had not opted for CP while doing 140 then your approval will not go to NVC.

To change from AOS to CP, you need to file I824 . If you have filed I834, some consulates like Mumbai, will accept your CP case without I824 approval. In this case, the attorney has to certify that 140 is approved ...

Hi aLren,

I happen to read it somehwre whihc I don't remember, but it written with to retrogree whihc will happen from Jan 2005.
It was mentioned that it will affect CP processing.
Frankly speaking I don't undersatbd how it will affect.They were saying something of we cannot file 140 untill numbere has reached or something like that.
If you have nay idea about this, can you please shed some light on this issue.
Also anybody who has idea about this, please respond.

Notorized employement letter.

Hi all,

I have got an employement letter from my company. It is not notorized. What I have to do to get it notorized. It is signed by company's director.

Thanks,

Your director will have to print another copy and go to a notorary and sign it in front of the notorary.

485->CP with I824

Friends,

I am a frustrated I-485 filer waiting since 2/25/2002. I am considering changing to CP since I have heard my case is in backlog, and they are not paying attention to backlogged cases.

Questions
1) If I file now to switch to CP, do I need to file I-824 and then for CP with Mumbai Consulate?
2) How long will the above take to complete upto Interview Date and approval?

Please provide worst case and best case scenarios. Appreciate everone's help and your time.

Thanks.

1) Yes you will have to file I-824. Fortunately Mumbai consulate accepts AC140 with just a rct. from NVC/BCIS for I-824.

If I were you, I would hang on to my 485. (My 2c worth(less) opinion)

BC Question

Hello Guys,

I have a question about birth certificate requirement for CP interview at Mumbai. I do not have a government/hospital issued BC. Also, I was born in the state of UP but grew up in Gujarat and have no ties left in UP. My questions are...

1. Would a school leaving cert or education board passing cert suffice instead?

2. I can arrange for the two affidavits however getting an NAC would be problem. Does anyone know if an NAC can be issued at a location(district/state) different from the place of birth? I was hoping if I can go to registrar office in gujarat and get an NAC.

Thanks in advance.
DG

DG2001 said:
Hello Guys,

I have a question about birth certificate requirement for CP interview at Mumbai. I do not have a government/hospital issued BC. Also, I was born in the state of UP but grew up in Gujarat and have no ties left in UP. My questions are...

1. Would a school leaving cert or education board passing cert suffice instead?

{As far as my knowledge goes, this is not sufficient}

2. I can arrange for the two affidavits however getting an NAC would be problem. Does anyone know if an NAC can be issued at a location(district/state) different from the place of birth? I was hoping if I can go to registrar office in gujarat and get an NAC.

{You probably know the answer for this.

What is the place of birth on your passport? If this is some place in UP then
getting a NAC from Gujarat (??) is not correct, and if the facts are known
the authorities in Gujarat would not issue such NAC.

Knowing that the problem you face is not rare, I can only advise that you send some one you know to your actual place of birth and try getting the
NAC. }

Thanks in advance.
DG

{my responses}

Raju

BC Question.

Thanks Raju and alren. You are right. I kinda figured the answers but just wanted to double check (wishful thinking :) ). Do you guys know if a format / template for NAC is available online?

Thanks again,
DG.

Recent CP using Ac-140 in Mumbai

Hello Everybody.. I just wanted to know if any of you have applied for or gone thru the CP process using AC-140 in Mumbai within the past couple of months. Would really appreciate your inputs/exeriences on the same. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Shashin.

Question: CP and H1 Visa

Hello CP Gurus,

1. Did anyone got rejected in Consular Processing in Mumbai. I just want to know if they cancel H1-Visa in above scenerio.

2. If they do not cancel, then I wanted to go Mumbai just before CP, to renew my H1, so that, if my Green Card gets rejected / postponed due to additional papers request, I can come back to USA on H1.

Thanks for your time.

Vive

vive:

All non-immigrant visas (H-1B/ L-1) get cancelled in 2 situations:
1. GC through CP is approved
2. GC through CP is not approved for reasons other than inadequate documentation.

You will not find CP rejections as no one posts rejection on such immigration forums. And more over in my last 2 years on this forum, i have personally not come across any cp rejections.

Check this forum or immihelp.com for reasons for CP rejections and if you do not meet the criteria you should be fine.

KD1403, Raju595 --

Hi KD1403, Raju595 and any other experts..

My I-485 has been stuck on FBI name check for last 5 months and don't see any light there ( faxed/emailed them twice already). I-140 is also approved and I can extend my H1 also if needed.
Can I go through AC140 and send my file to Mumbai ( I am from Gujarat) to clear this final hurdle. My 140 is already approved.
1) In CP process,..how long does the name check usually takes? In 485...I have seen many guys waiting since 2002 for name check.
2) Do they go through name check before calling for interview ? or after interview?

Thanks in advance.
desi145

I don't know answers to all of your questions, but here is what I know:
1) In CP it takes on an average 2 weeks for name check. But of course during the initial name check if your name shows up on their list then it may take anywhere from a month to couple of months.
2) In CP name check usually comes up during the interview. If they want to run a name check on you, you will be told so during interview and they usually ask you to check back with them after 2 weeks.
Hope this helps,
Ram_frm_RIC.

desi145:

Name check normally takes about 2-3 weeks. If there is a hit (if they find your name on FBI list) then another 6-8 weeks. In 485 & CP name check happens prior to issuing the GC.