• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Successful CP in Dublin, Ireland!!

SteveK

Hi people,

I've been living in the US since last August on an F1 student visa. I opted to fly back to Ireland for CP instead of AOS as I heard it was easier and I got the chance for a trip back home. My number came up for this month and I had my interview yesterday here in Dublin. Originally it was supposed to be thursday the 12th but they messed up when I went to the embassy and told me to come back on friday the 13th haha..... So anyway I went in on the friday and the whole process only took about an hour. Documents were checked, a couple of questions were asked and then I was given my passport with the visa and also the package to give to US immigration upon my re-entry.

I was worried that there might have been more questions since I was living in the US on an F1 and I had been on an 18 month J1 before that but no, they didn't really ask many questions and they were actually apologetic for having messed up my interview for the day before!! I was relieved to say the least...

Anyway good luck to all the other DV2007 winners and also good luck for anyone who entered the DV2008 lottery too!! If there are any other Irish winners out there please don't hesitate to ask any questions...

Good Luck!

congratulations ..

13th day is not unlucky. It has just a bad record, that's all. :)

regards