Success Story - EB1 - Multinational Manager

srisun2

Registered Users (C)
Hi

Would like to share my success story on approval of I140 EB1 Multinational Manager.

I was turned down/ discouraged by three attorneys over the past 2 years from going the EB1 way.

I took it on myself and prepared all documents and submitted my I140 myself (of course with consent from employer and all documents given by employer).

I sent the supporting documents in on November 16th and case was approved on December 1, 2005.

My case was discouraged due to the following reasons:

1. I am now on H1 for IT analyst with Company A. Attorneys said INS will straight away reject the case as my present H1 is not a managerial one.
2. I entered on H1 from Company X and then moved to Company A. I was working abroad for a Company B. Company B and A are owned by same family. Attorneys said that it will be difficult to prove ownership as Company A and B are not owned in the same proportions by the same individual (one owned by husband and other by wife).
3. My employer wanted us to apply EB1 through a Company C, which is also owned by them, but I am employed with Company A now. Attorneys said there is no possibility of applying through a Company C. I need to apply through Company A for whom I am working now.

I went ahead and applied through Company C, showing ownership of Company B abroad and also proved I was managerial even though my present position was IT Analyst. I explained that I was a manager abroad and came in a different position 3 years ago and have learnt the business and am ready to take on a managerial position.

I received email notification that case has been approved. Waiting on the approval notice in the mail.

Ram

ram congrats!!!!

I had the background almost like yours, but unfortunately coudn't try the EB1 due to reasons same as given by you.
srisun2 said:
Hi

Would like to share my success story on approval of I140 EB1 Multinational Manager.

I was turned down/ discouraged by three attorneys over the past 2 years from going the EB1 way.

I took it on myself and prepared all documents and submitted my I140 myself (of course with consent from employer and all documents given by employer).

I sent the supporting documents in on November 16th and case was approved on December 1, 2005.

My case was discouraged due to the following reasons:

1. I am now on H1 for IT analyst with Company A. Attorneys said INS will straight away reject the case as my present H1 is not a managerial one.
2. I entered on H1 from Company X and then moved to Company A. I was working abroad for a Company B. Company B and A are owned by same family. Attorneys said that it will be difficult to prove ownership as Company A and B are not owned in the same proportions by the same individual (one owned by husband and other by wife).
3. My employer wanted us to apply EB1 through a Company C, which is also owned by them, but I am employed with Company A now. Attorneys said there is no possibility of applying through a Company C. I need to apply through Company A for whom I am working now.

I went ahead and applied through Company C, showing ownership of Company B abroad and also proved I was managerial even though my present position was IT Analyst. I explained that I was a manager abroad and came in a different position 3 years ago and have learnt the business and am ready to take on a managerial position.

I received email notification that case has been approved. Waiting on the approval notice in the mail.

Ram

Mine was at Texas.

For the other post, if your case was same like mine, you can still apply EB1. Why dont you try now? Let me know if you need help.

In the three years preceeding entry into US as a non-immigrant, you should have been employed abroad as a manager and should be getting hired (or working as) a manager for a US company (at least 1 year in business).

Appreciate your help

worked in India for India's top 5 indl house for 8 years in a different field and was manger for last 2 years, When I came to US 5 years ago and I changed to Software

So I think I am out of the 3 yr requirement there.

My current GC sponsor has a position which I can take as software Manager in Asia, and then file EB1, but the problem would be with 485 been filed I think I cannot spend more than 180 days out of US even if my company is same in US and Asia. Can <180 days with same company abroad quailfy me for EB1

Do you think there is any other way out for me.

Thanks for your help

srisun2 said:
Mine was at Texas.

For the other post, if your case was same like mine, you can still apply EB1. Why dont you try now? Let me know if you need help.

In the three years preceeding entry into US as a non-immigrant, you should have been employed abroad as a manager and should be getting hired (or working as) a manager for a US company (at least 1 year in business).

Question is whether the company you worked abroad and the one you are working for now (or the one sponsoring for GC) are owned by the same individual or group.

If not, you are not eligible for EB1 Multinational Manager.

You need to work for a minimum of 1 year abroad and be transferred to a company in US (both owned by same people/ group) to be eligible for EB1.