Strange I140/I485 case

auro_venus

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks

I am in a very strange situation and will appreciate if anyone can comment on this; here is the timeline of my application:

Oct 2006: Filed for labor certificate (I am a professor working for a Florida University)

April 2007: Filed I140/I485 to NSC under the EB2 Category

May 2007: Did fingerprinting in Orlando, FL

Aug 2007: Received a notice from NSC that my case is transferred to the Orlando, FL USCIS office for FASTER PROCESSING!!!!

Dec 2007: Infopass appointment with Orlando, FL USCIS office. I was told that the case is pending background

March 27, 2007: Received an email from USCIS (CRIS) that "The I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office"; it does not specify which USCIS office!!!! Received the same email for my I485. Again does not specify which office it is transferred to!! I never received a notice in the mail for these transfers just email and online

4/20/2008 LUD on I140 but no change in the message. No LUD for I485

May 1, 2007: Made an Infopass appointment with Orlando, FL USCIS office and was told that my case is transferred to VSC!!!

My question is

1. Why in the world to they transfer an I140/I485 from NSC to the Orlando local office in the first place?

2. Why do they transfer the case from Orlando to Vermont!!!!! Vermont is the worst place and my lawyer told me that they don't even process the employment based applications (according to him only NSC and TSC process these applications)

Any suggestions or comments?