Step-by-Step asylum application help!

keith976

Hi everyone, I am in need of assistance regarding applying for asylum.

Sometime in May, I am entering the United States of America on Visa Waiver Program to escape my country and I wish to file for Asylum.

I know the first step I need to do is file for a (I-589, Application for Asylum and for Withholding of Removal).

My first question is, I have done some research and the waiting time seems to take, if you're lucky, at least 1 year. Since I am entering on VWP (which allows me to stay for maximum 90 days), will I be removed?

As far as I can tell, I won't be unless my application and the immigration judge processing has both been
denied but I just want to make sure every ground is covered.

My second question is, am I allowed to work while I wait for an interview? I have seen people posting about this EAD (
I-765, Application for Employment Authorization). Is that the application that allows me to get a job while I wait for my interview? Also am I eligible to file for it if I'm entering on a VWP?

I thank everyone who take the time to read my questions! If there is anything that I have missed out please let me know

as far as i know

1. after 1 year you enter usa , you can apply for asylum ( whatever the way you enter ) off course you have to be in usa :D

2. to file i 765 , you have to wait 150 days after they received your i 589 ( 150 days after the date in the receipt ) , wait for 1 month and you will get your EAD and you can work..

CMIIW

- if you apply fro asylum you will not be removed until a final decision is made .
- also i am sure you know about the one year deadline , the application must be sent within one year of entry so you do not have much time .
and i also highly suggest and assistant of an attorney, most visa wavier countries are democratic and free countries so you must have a strong case.
- you are eligible to apply for a work permit regardless of the way you entered. but you might have to wait sometime until you get the EAD

to apply for EAD you would need a receipt of your asylum application which can take from a week to 5 . add to that 30 to 90 days for the EAD application . and 2 -4 weeks for the SSN card that you need to start working .

so prepare to wait between 2 months to 5 months to be able to work.