Staying out of US for 1 year for GC holder

neenashubh

Due to some family reasons I am required to go back to my country for more than 1 year. In that case, I will sell off the car and will not renew apartment lease, etc. I will even quit my US job, and start working in my country. Basically, apart from bank account, I will not have any kind of dealing/link with US.

I am aware of the fact that I must get re-entry permit which will allow me entry to US. Now, my questions are:

1) After 1 year period when I want to return to US, what all things I should do so that I can enter US? Is it that I have an offer letter from US company when I return to US, lease an apartment (over Internet), etc.??

2) How many times can one apply for re-entry permits? Is there any limit? For example, I re-enter US and stay for another 2-3 years and again I am required to go back to my country for 1 year duration. In that case, can I again file for re-entry permit?

3) Can Re-entry permit time limit (2 years) be extended from country's Visa office, if it is required that one must stay for more than 2 years outside of US?

Thanks in advance.

I think one must stay in US for 180 days at least. Also, as I have mentioned that I will vacate the apartment. Also, I will take up a job in my country; and frequent travel and extended stay is not possible. Also, for those durations I will not have a job in US.

I seriously need some suggestions.

Thanks.