Staying in the states after marriage

^tinker_bell^

Is there a way to be able to stay in the US after getting married to my US citizen fiancee? I heard that if you get in the USA with K1 visa, you have to go back to your country until the Immigrant visa is done..........

K1 question

Hello Tinkerbell... After you marry your fiancee in the States, you are allowed to stay there for as long as you get married within the 90 days period given by the USCIS. Also, after the marriage, you have to adjust your status at the USCIS by filing the I-485 or Adjustment of Status and dox like I-765 or the Employment Authorization Doxument to allow you to work legally in the States. :)

Anne
acemaritan@yahoo.com

Can a foreigner marry a US citizen without a fiancee Visa ?

Hi all :p ,

I am here on a H-3 Visa. Can I marry a man (US Citizen) here in the States with my current H-3 visa?
If yes, can i apply for a Change of Status after marriage and get it changed to Conditional Permanent Resident?
If no, I heard i need to get a fiancee Visa before i can marry in the states. Can my husband-to-be apply for a fiancee visa for me, while I am still in the States holding a H-3 visa?

Is it true that I must get back to my home country, wait for my fiancee visa to be approved, then come over to the States to get married (within 90 days)?

We plan to get married here (holding H-3 Visa) before I return in Feb, but worried I might be sent home after that.

Pls help

k1

This is my question.

I came here in the united states as KI visa or fiancee visa, my fiancee called me while im in the process of of my medical exam as one of the requirements he said that he will not marry me anymore, and i had already a scheduled for my interview to the US embassay, in my mind come what may, if he drop his petition of coming to the united states or not, so i take a chance to showed up the interview, its a surprise that he did not drop it. So i got a visa, since i had visa i can come to visit america, my x fiancee is a changeable mind, he said he will marry me and then all of the sudden he change his mind again, So i decide not to marry him, i meet a guy and told him my situation, and he meet me in person and then we get along in a period of time and we decide to get married, he is a christian and im a christian, both single never been married. so we applied for permanent resident or adjust status form I-485, i had my finger printing done and the INS scheduled for an interview, and lady found out that i did not marry the guy who petition me, and she accuseed me of fraud. She ask many questions related to our relationship, which is she find that we live together, and she ask more evidence to be submitted. My question is will the INS kick me out and back to my country or put me in jailed. We been married with my husband 1 year 5 months now. and we many documents to prove it.