• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Status update - POE question

Dord

Hi everyone,

I come to you with yet another concern !

So, I crossed the border with my sealed envelope, I gave it to the officer, everything went alright.

It's been a little over 2 weeks now.

My question is: was I supposed to receive anything ? Like an email or something ?

Also, I didn't get anything from the officer at the border, like nothing nothing. Wasn't I supposed to get a receipt or something ? When I try the online status check, I get no result.

I couldn't really find any info online about the exact timeline here, and if I should have received some sort of confirmation or status update from the POE.

Could you please tell me if I should worry ?

Thanks a lot ! :)

You're not supposed to receive anything at the POE except the endorsement which I'm sure was done on your passport. Not sure why you feel you should have received something. Next step is to pay your $165 GC processing fee online if you didn't do that before entering the US. If you don't make that payment, your plastic GC will not mail produced and mailed to you.

Thanks for your answer, I made that payment already.

I dunno man, I guess the online status check not returning anything on my receipt number had me thinking that maybe it was not the right number and maybe I should have gotten something else at the POE.
Yeah, I'm thinking too much.. ;)