1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Obama's LEGAL immigration reform.

What does it mean? Listen to a discussion by Attorney Rajiv S. Khanna in the November 21 conference call recording. Subscribe to Our YouTube channel to be notified when new updates are posted.

SS card with issue date?

Discussion in 'Life After Citizenship' started by TheFree, Jan 12, 2010.

1. TheFree

TheFree Registered Users (C)

Today I received my new SS card after I updated my US Citizen status with SSA a month ago. To my surprise, the card has an issue date printed on the lower right side. Also, the design is a bit different because it has a nice golden thick USA letters printed on the bottom.

Has anyone seen an SS card with a date on it? :confused:

2. Risah

Risah Registered Users (C)

Yes, it's normal. My hunch is that this is an updated design with improved anti-fraud features. Whatever ...

3. ssruindia

ssruindia Registered Users (C)

We have been putting aside money in the SS for years (since the H1B days) and now that we get new SS card with new date, would this effect our benefits (if any I agree LOL).

4. sudha1999

sudha1999 Registered Users (C)

I did receive my new SS Card with the issue date. The card looks good.

5. sudha1999

sudha1999 Registered Users (C)

No, I do not think it would affect your benefits rather it would show your new citizenship status.

6. TheFree

TheFree Registered Users (C)

Thanks for the info. The following picture (from the internet) shows a baby whith his SS card looking exactly as mine with the date in it. So, it seems that this is a new practice but I am not sure if this is applied only to US Citizens (born or natuarilized).

http://www.savingadvice.com/images/blog/social-security-card.jpg