Spouse of GC Holder - is visitor visa possible?

jay6447

I am a GC holder living in India but work for a US firm and make multiple trips to US in a year. My wife was GC holder but has not been to US since 8 years. My one son is US citizen and other is Indian citizen, I have not applied for GC for my wife and Indian citizen son.

I want to apply for tourist visa for my wife and Indian citizen son for summer vacation travel. Absolutely no intention of move to US or overstaying. Any chances of them getting a tourist visa? Even a 2-month visa is fine. If denied, will it affect my GC in any way or their future immigrant visa application.

Thanks.

Yes, there is always a chance. If the consul is satisfied that your family members are genuine visitors, and not potential immigrants, then they will be issued visas.

Any chances of them getting a tourist visa? Even a 2-month visa is fine.

Denial of their B-2 visas will not hurt your GC status or their future GC applications. However you using your GC to make multiple trips to the US can only carry on for a while Sooner or later it may be discovered. I hope you have a returning resident's permit?

If denied, will it affect my GC in any way or their future immigrant visa application.

Thanks for your response.

No, I do not use a Returning Resident Permit anymore as my trips to US are always within 6 months. And yes, you are absolutely right - it is a risk that I carry. So far, I have been questioned a couple of times but nothing major. In any case, if asked, I give them the facts and do not beat behind the bush.