1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spouse green card

Discussion in 'Family Based Green Card -Through Marriage/Relative' started by ramroum, Aug 27, 2013.

  1. ramroum

    ramroum New Member

    Hi there,

    I will be a permanent resident for 5 years on April 9, 2014.
    My wife is currently in the U.S. on B-2 tourist visa which expires on Oct 25, 2013 per the stamp on her passport.
    Can i apply for my citizenship 6 months ahead of the 5 year mark which will be around Oct 9, and add her to that petition to adjust her status or is it cheaper and more efficient to adjust her status as spouse of a permanent resident.

    thank you all in advance
  2. Jackolantern

    Jackolantern Registered Users (C)

    You can apply for citizenship 90 days before the 5 year mark, not 6 months.

    But since she is still in legal status and the F2A category is current across the board and will remain current until September 30, she can file for AOS anytime between now and the end of September. Then when you become a citizen you can get the petition upgraded to reflect your citizenship. Make sure USCIS receives everything before October 1.

Share This Page