sponsoring K1 aplicant, work with a k1 visa !!!!!!!

adil85

Hello everyone;

me and my fiancée who is an american citizen decided to marry in usa as soon as i get there...
we didn't start the process yet because of my fiancée, she can not support me seeing that she doesn't make enough money... my question is :
can we find someone else who could sponsor me ?

i have another question about the k1 visa, is it possible for me to work if i get a job immidiatly after i arrive there... or do i have to wait untill the ead will be provided.....??

thank you so much...
Adil

If your fiancée cannot be your sponsor with the I-134 for the K-1 visa, you can have someone else sponsor you. Have a read of I-134 and Overcoming the Public Charge Issue

Once in the US on the K-1 and you apply for adjustment of status, your then spouse will need to file the I-864, but you can also use a Joint Sponsor if your spouse does not meet the poverty guidelines. Have a read of I-864 Guide & FAQ You will also find other links with resources for the I-864.

As to working as soon as you arrive, I found this response elsewhere, which covers your question very well.......

I recommend that you look for form I-9 and its instructions, and any employer instruction on using it. You will find this at uscis.gov and ssa.gov

The K-1 fiancee is employment authorized for her first 90 days in the US.

However, to be hired, she needs an employment authorization document (EAD) to satisfy the I-9. the I-94 stamped 'employment authorized' is a sufficient document. Getting one can be a challenge.

JFK is the only POE that routinely gives this stamp. Some land border crossings have been giving them, but not reliably.

Completing the I-9 is the responsibility of the employer. If an employer chooses to be a little loose with their hiring paperwork, there is no 'fault' on the K-1 fiance--she is employment authorized and is not working working without authorization.

Practically, a K-1 should not plan on working for their first 4-6 months in the US.

source

you can work during your 90 days period...and can continue working as long as you continue the processing of your papers to adjust your status to become a green card holder...