Sponsoring as fiance or spouse ??

immihelp2008

My citizenship interview is due in 2008. I am in contact with a girl in India and want to marry her. I am planning to visit India before my interview. Not sure whether I should only get engaged or marry her. Does it matter if you get engaged or married before you become citizen or after it ?. Will it be ok for me to get married in this trip and then after I become citizen, I can sponsor her. Or I should sponsor her as fiancé. I think the processing times are same for both these days.
Also for filing K Visa is it required to stay in US and work or can I stay in India. I am not sure if being in job in US is required for affidavit of support ?

Thanks

K-1 will be quicker and yes you either need a source of income or a joint sponsor.

My citizenship interview is due in 2008. I am in contact with a girl in India and want to marry her. I am planning to visit India before my interview. Not sure whether I should only get engaged or marry her. Does it matter if you get engaged or married before you become citizen or after it ?. Will it be ok for me to get married in this trip and then after I become citizen, I can sponsor her. Or I should sponsor her as fiancé. I think the processing times are same for both these days.
Also for filing K Visa is it required to stay in US and work or can I stay in India. I am not sure if being in job in US is required for affidavit of support ?

Thanks