Spelling error in brother's birth certificate

RMF

I naturalized last year and am planning to apply for my brother's permanent residence. I was collecting the information for completing form I-130 and realized that his birth certificate has a spelling error for both our mother and father names. Given that the birth certificate is from India, it will take forever to get that error corrected.

Is there something else, like an affidavit, that I can have him send in addition to the birth certificate?

Apply with the birth certificate as is, then submit a corrected one when you get it (along with a letter explaining the correction and a copy of the I-130 receipt so they can link it to the existing case).

Apply with the birth certificate as is, then submit a corrected one when you get it (along with a letter explaining the correction and a copy of the I-130 receipt so they can link it to the existing case).

Thanks! Does that mean, affidavits won't work? I have no idea how long it will take to get the birth certificate corrected because it is 50 years old :-(