• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Speculation Time: Why do you guys think that AoS is processed faster than CP for DV visas?

gnzl

I like the speculative nature of discussing the inner workings of the DHS, USCIS and NVC on DV visas related issues.

Nobody knows for sure their inner workings, but we enjoy analysing the data released by the CEAC, making predictions regarding cutoff numbers and months when cases will go current (that are often accurate) and trying to predict how much time the awful wait for the DS260 be processed and getting a 2NL will take.

So, what I'm asking here is the following:

1. Is there any chart that compares the processing times for AoS cases vs CP cases for the DV2015 period?
2. Does any of you have a theory regarding why AoS cases are processed much faster? Are they given priority at the KCC?

Thanks ;)

AOS cases aren't necessarily processed faster CP cases simply because technically speaking, KCC does not process AOS cases. KCC does not conduct background checks on AOS cases like they do for CP.

And in general DV based AOS cases take longer than CP to complete.

I like the speculative nature of discussing the inner workings of the DHS, USCIS and NVC on DV visas related issues.

Nobody knows for sure their inner workings, but we enjoy analysing the data released by the CEAC, making predictions regarding cutoff numbers and months when cases will go current (that are often accurate) and trying to predict how much time the awful wait for the DS260 be processed and getting a 2NL will take.

So, what I'm asking here is the following:

1. Is there any chart that compares the processing times for AoS cases vs CP cases for the DV2015 period?
2. Does any of you have a theory regarding why AoS cases are processed much faster? Are they given priority at the KCC?

Thanks ;)

As Mom says, if you ask anyone who has processed AoS - AoS is NOT faster than CP. It is a longer process, mitigated by the ability to file earlier than the actual current date.

However, you are probably referring to the DS260 processing time, which is "faster" for AoS because as Mom explained many of the background checks and processes are not performed for AoS cases. Why is that, well - the selectee is already in the country, they have already been checked and are already subject to and abiding by the laws of the USA - so there is more protection for the USA and there is more at risk for the selectee (i.e. fraudulent statements to USCIS during the application would be very foolish).

Why is that, well - the selectee is already in the country, they have already been checked and are already subject to and abiding by the laws of the USA - so there is more protection for the USA and there is more at risk for the selectee (i.e. fraudulent statements to USCIS during the application would be very foolish).

In addition to the fact that a full background check will be conducted following the bio capture for AOSers.

In addition to the fact that a full background check will be conducted following the bio capture for AOSers.

True dat. And we also by that time have a compehensive alien "file" I suppose - showing our history of interaction with USCIS (previous applications for temp visas etc). Creepy.