Some Questions Friends....

Krupa19

Joe f Please post your thoughts..

I got my GC recently and Here is my Dilema. I was the primary applicant in our GC Process and I am still working for the same company. During my GC process I had a little one and he is now 3 years old. I always regreated not spending enough time with him and I always though that I would be home once I get the GC.
My husband has a very good job and perhaps I do not require to work for financial reasons. Here are my questions.

(1) How soon can I stop working for my sponsoring company and can stay home atleast for a year?
(2) My company is a consulting firm and is not stable right now but I have enough work for next 3 months or so. That will be 6 months after GC. I may get laid off in March next year or so...Than I think it is not my fault. Right?

Please shed some light on this issue. Thank you...

Last edited by a moderator:
You will get different types of answers for your question but I think that as long as your compnay doesn't complain to INS about your departure from the job, you can leave today.

Thank you Joe F and JavedG..Here is what I am thinking

Joe F please share your views.....I took 6 weeks of leave of absence after 2 months of GC and it looks like my job will continue for next 3 months so, that will be 6 months after GC. It also looks like that I may get laid off after this project. So, I guess after having 6 months of employment with GC sponsoring company I should be ok if I stay home???We are trying to play safe...Please post your views. Thank you...

Last edited by a moderator: