Some Info on timing and a Question

twix&snikker

Registered Users (C)
Here is my experience in terms of the timing, not out of the woods yet, still a long way to go, hopefully this might help some of you out there. Isn't this forum an excellent idea?

Arrived in USA December 2002
Applied Asylum end of February 2003
Interviewed end of June 2003
Recommended Approval end of July 2003 (FBI check in progress...)
Applied for EAD end of July 2003
Received EAD Receipt, indicating EAD will be processed in 21days

So, it seems that for some the process is fast, and for others a little longer than usual. It appears there is no clear system, and looks like "random processing" is the operative word here.

My question is this: With "Recommended Approval" is there any Organization out there that helps people get on their feet. Having no income since December 2002, the pressure is starting to tell. Does anyone know of such places that offer help without all the ridiculous red tape?

Thank you,
God Bless

:)

Originally posted by twix&snikker
Here is my experience in terms of the timing, not out of the woods yet, still a long way to go, hopefully this might help some of you out there. Isn't this forum an excellent idea?

So, it seems that for some the process is fast, and for others a little longer than usual. It appears there is no clear system, and looks like "random processing" is the operative word here.

My question is this: With "Recommended Approval" is there any Organization out there that helps people get on their feet. Having no income since December 2002, the pressure is starting to tell. Does anyone know of such places that offer help without all the ridiculous red tape?

Thank you,
God Bless

Did you say fast? you still have to wait 13 years for your green card unless Congress acts. they are faster now in processing and interviewing asylees but it used to take 7 years for people to get an interview.

Like I wrote before, my timelines are similar as yours, my EAD receipt also said 21 days, however it took them 3 months, so did the Approval Notice after the Recommended Approval. I don't think there's any organization out there that will help you at this stage, technically you don't have the status of an asylee yet. The Recommended Approval is just a tease.

Originally posted by twix&snikker

Thank you,
God Bless

I do not think there are any sources of help. You have to wait for the final grant.