• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Social Security Number on DS260

The debt can be years old that they buy though - hence why I suggested he contact a group used to these guys.

Agreed - but I would still want to see what documentation they have. If it is years old they may have very little documentation - but that will be good info to have too.

Midland Funding LLC

"PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT A JUDGMENT HAS BEEN ENTERED AGAINST YOU FOR THE ABOVE JUDGMENT BALANCE SUPERIOR COURT, COUNTY OF .... , on 03/02/2015, DOCKET NO..." ETC ETC
What personal id information did they include in the email?
How do you think they know you email address?
Judgement sounds very fishy, what are they asking you to do in the email?

What personal id information did they include in the email?
How do you think they know you email address?
Judgement sounds very fishy, what are they asking you to do in the email?

Yes, it's the knowing the email address that is the interesting bit...if the debt is on a stolen identity in a different country

Well i guess didn't matter too much i got my interview scheduled for May...

The fact that you got scheduled for an interview doesn't necessarily mean it didn't matter or that it's not an issue you still have to contend with at the end of the day.

KCC is REQUIRED to go shed and schedule an interview for all documentarily qualified candidate once their CN becomes current regardless of what their background check turns up or any discrepancies that might have been noted on their DS form or the eDV registration itself. KCC cannot disqualify people regardless, only the IO can do that at the time of an interview.

I changed my residential address to a new one at the POE.Must I call SSN office to inform them of the change?
Thank you.

The fact that you got scheduled for an interview doesn't necessarily mean it didn't matter or that it's not an issue you still have to contend with at the end of the day.

KCC is REQUIRED to go shed and schedule an interview for all documentarily qualified candidate once their CN becomes current regardless of what their background check turns up or any discrepancies that might have been noted on their DS form or the eDV registration itself. KCC cannot disqualify people regardless, only the IO can do that at the time of an interview.

even if you don't pass their background check they will schedule an interview?

Yep! KCC is not authorized to disqualify anyone regardless, they will schedule the interview and flag whatever discrepancy is noted on the file before transferring the file to the applicable embassy for the IO to handle at the time of the interview.

Yep! KCC is not authorized to disqualify anyone regardless, they will schedule the interview and flag whatever discrepancy is noted on the file before transferring the file to the applicable embassy for the IO to handle at the time of the interview.

Yes indeed. We have seen some where the denied letter was already typed up in the file on the day of the interview - although in one case I remember there was a misunderstanding that meant the denial letter was torn up. And that is why the interview goes ahead anyway - the selectee is given an opportunity to provide explanations (sometimes digging themselves into a deeper hole, sometimes climbing out of the hole they were in).

that's not fair if they know u will be denied...u spend over 2000$ which for some people it's a lot of money...well what can u do...They make the rules! take it or leave it :)

that's not fair if they know u will be denied...u spend over 2000$ which for some people it's a lot of money...well what can u do...They make the rules! take it or leave it :)

You know already whether you have anything of concern in your background. You know whether you followed the instructions and been honest. They make the requirements clear. So - what is the problem? You mean its not fair if they deny you if you have been lying????

In some cases they have told the main applicant to just pay for the one interview - not the whole family because there is something of concern.

You know already whether you have anything of concern in your background. You know whether you followed the instructions and been honest. They make the requirements clear. So - what is the problem? You mean its not fair if they deny you if you have been lying????

In some cases they have told the main applicant to just pay for the one interview - not the whole family because there is something of concern.

I have to agree with britsimon here. They are very clear about who is eligible and what the disqualifying factors are. And on this forum we continually see people who know they don't qualify but go ahead and spend the money anyway because they expect a miracle... that is not the fault of the consulate. What do you propose, that some outsourced lackey at KCC be the one who potentially decides on your future? Of course not, why bother with interviews then?! As britsimon has already given you an example, KCC don't know you will be denied. They can only spot potential issues. For any visa, only a consular official can make the determination on whether the person is eligible. And coming back to that, everything is clear, it is clear on the entry form what the requirements are, and it is clear on the DS260 when you fill it in that any material misrepresentation will get you a denial.

You guys are right if you don't qualify u should not apply...I thought KCC officials have more power than a consular official at an embassy in a random country...i read somewhere that once your DS260 is processed at KCC a visa number is already issued and it's just a formality to go to the embassy.

You guys are right if you don't qualify u should not apply...I thought KCC officials have more power than a consular official at an embassy in a random country...i read somewhere that once your DS260 is processed at KCC a visa number is already issued and it's just a formality to go to the embassy.

How is KCC supposed to disqualify a person who does no meet the educational requirement without seeing the papers the person will be presenting for instance? Or in the case of someone who enters into a fraudulent marriage, KCC is supposed to believe what's listed on the DS form and summarily approve such a case?

The way KCC operates is in line with the US judicial system. It's called giving someone the benefit of the doubt. An accused person is presumed innocent until proven guilty. All KCC can do is to flag cases that appear fishy, they cannot act as both the prosecuting lawyer and the judge at the same time!

No, you very definitely thought wrong about that. KCC basically do admin... the COs are the guys who have to weigh the evidence and decide on whether or not to issue a visa.

And a number is issued when the interview is scheduled (not when the DS is processed, because some of those will never get a visa number because the case number is too high...) but that doesn't mean the number has to be used. If the visa is denied or if put on AP that goes beyond month end, that visa number gets put back in the pool.

Last edited: