1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forums have been moved to a new software. All data till march 30 has been moved over. You can start using them. You should be able to login with the same user IDs and passwords as on the old forums. The old forums will be available as ''read only" under forumarchive.immigration.com.
  3. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394. Next call is on June 19, 2014.

Social Security Card and Permanent Residence

Discussion in 'Family Based Green Card -Through Marriage/Relative' started by grumpybear, Nov 18, 2004.

  1. grumpybear

    grumpybear Registered Users (C)

    I first got a Social Security card/number when I obtained my EAD and on that card, it said "For Employment/Work Purposes Only". Now that I have been granted conditional permanent residence, do I have to notify Social Security Admin?
  2. TheRealCanadian

    TheRealCanadian Volunteer Moderator

    You don't have to, but it might make sense to have SSA update their records and send you a new card without the condition.

Share This Page