SFO Asylum Office Case Status Inquiry

sagipisces

Registered Users (C)
Does anybody know if I need appointment or I just walking for my case inquiry. I am planning to go to the office on Friday. Also, what are the office timings? I will appreciate quick response;).

Does anybody know if I need appointment or I just walking for my case inquiry. I am planning to go to the office on Friday. Also, what are the office timings? I will appreciate quick response;).

This is copied from http://www.ny-immigration-attorney..../July/ASYLUM-OFFICE-GUIDE-BEST-PRACTICES.aspx. and it will be Friday from 8 to 12 pm
Please share your experience after you visit the office.

San Francisco, CA (ZSF)

Location and Contact Information: Street Address:

75 Hawthorne Street, 3rd Floor

Room 303 S

San Francisco, CA 94105

Mail Address:

P.O. Box 77530

San Francisco, CA 94107

Main Number: 415‑293‑1234 Fax Number: 414‑293‑1269

Asylum Office Director: Emilia Bardini, emilia.m.bardini@dhs.gov Asylum Office Assistant Director: Calton Yue, Calton.Yue@dhs.gov Congressional Liaison: Michelle Henderson

Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, by appointment only. Public window open for inquiries or to drop off documents, Friday morning 8‑12pm.

Waiting Period: Interviews take place Mondays through Thursdays, at 8:30am or 10:15am. Officers have two interviews daily (back‑to‑back interviews). The 8:30 interview usually begins around 9:00am, and the 10:15 interview usually starts around 11:00am, sometimes later. Interviews take an average of two hours.
Rescheduling Requests: The asylum office will take reschedule requests before the interview, the day of the interview, or up to 15 days after the interview. Requests before and after the interview date must be in writing, via fax or mail. Interview can be rescheduled on the date of the interview in person, at the filing window.

The scheduler generally cannot be contacted directly, and therefore it is recommended to include in the request any potential upcoming conflicts.

Additionally, confirmation of a reschedule request by mail or fax is not provided, and attorneys should not expect anyone to contact him or her to confirm the new date. If the new interview is approved, attorneys or applicants should expect a new interview notice by mail, sometimes within a few weeks, but it can take up to six months. Also, reschedule requests sometimes fall through the cracks, and if you feel that this has happened, it is recommended to email the director or assistant director.

Filing Documentation:The San Francisco Asylum Office accepts filings at the front window on Friday morning between 8:00am and 12:00pm. They also accept documentation by mail, however many attorneys have noted that mailed documents do not reach the file by the time of the interview, or are lost. If you mail documents, definitely get a tracking number. Hand‑delivery of the documents to the front window is a common method to make sure the documents reach the file.

When an applicant arrives to an interview with additional files, the front desk will take them and add them to the file. However, the documents are reviewed, and if they number too many, they reserve the right to reschedule the interview.

Submitting documents directly to the asylum officer can be done during the actual interview, but the documents are not necessarily added to the file.

You don't need an appointment. Just go there on Friday between 8:00am to 12:00pm. They are going to give you inquiry form and number. After you filled the form they are going to call your number and they are going to talk to you. If you have any question, you can ask the officer who is behind of window but probably they don't give you information about your case.