Settlement Memorandum Sent

where do we go from here

Where do we go from here. Can Rajiv explain some of the next steps and timeframes so we can expect something to look forward for. I know its kind of depressing that the gov did not agree to settle and a tough battle lies ahead now.
But this battle is our only way out or else we will be just posting messages for next 2 - 3 yrs on this forum and whining everyday.

He who fights wins.

please read this everbody on this forum

I stronlgy wish ,our efforts alongwith Rajiv, should be matched with political lobby . For that reason Immigrationportal.org have been recently started its activities being non profit organization. Pity is every one on this board talks about frustration and backlog ,but very few people came forward to donate to immigrationportal.org where we are thinking to take this battle on our shoulders and fight togather alongwith some support from political looby. To get full support and fight for this cause I think ,some expenses may be unaviodable and required. So I wish every one on this board to understand where to move and which direction and wish they donate for immigrationporatl.org . This donation is not a begging for individual or any dot com company or any temple. This is for your cause . And through this donation amount we think we can take care of paying to lobbying people who are fighting this battle togather for this cause. Playing Cards are in your hand and on your side and not others . You know better what you hold and how you act/move.

Put a thread on donation on the top level (the complaints), so more people can read about it. The immigrationportal.org thread below the complaints thread is not very clear with donation.

Better yet, name some specific plans and specific amount of money needed. Once seeing action and actual number, more people will join, I believe.

I most definitely agree. We need to put some money if we want this to move forward. By the way, my lawyer told me that there is going to be an important meeting in June where immigration lawyers will meet with representative from the USCIS to review the craziness that we are going thru and look for solutions. It will be nice if an important number of us could meet outside this building and march or protest in order to bring some media attention in an election year. Food for thoughts, anyway we are all future voters.

Originally posted by GCRG
... Food for thoughts, anyway we are all future voters.

Sadly, due to the immigration requirements for naturalization, as well as the "maximum-two-terms" policy of presidential elections, Mr. Bush's team does not give a rat's rear end about our status as "future voters".

Originally posted by GCRG
I most definitely agree. We need to put some money if we want this to move forward. By the way, my lawyer told me that there is going to be an important meeting in June where immigration lawyers will meet with representative from the USCIS to review the craziness that we are going thru and look for solutions. It will be nice if an important number of us could meet outside this building and march or protest in order to bring some media attention in an election year. Food for thoughts, anyway we are all future voters.

Several conferences/symposiums are coming up:
Your lawyer maybe referred to the ACIP one in Arlington, VA (Ritz), in JUNE. Posted in thread DHS / USCIS issues. Organised by ACIP & FDBL.
http://www.acip.com/acipweb.nsf/Conferences/DEBF7B6D8DF8F36C85256E1C0057D926?OpenDocument
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=116478&perpage=15&pagenumber=6

USIS officials invited:

Eduardo Aguirre, Jr. - Director, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services*, U.S. Department of Homeland Security

Sandra Bushey, Acting Director, U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services, Vermont Service Center*

Dea D. Carpenter, Esq., - Deputy Principal Legal Advisor, U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services

Prakash Khatri - Ombudsman, Department of Homeland Security*

Donald Neufeld - Director, California Service Center*

Evelyn Upchurch - Director, U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services, Texas Service Center*

Terry E. Way - Director, U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services, Nebraska Service Center*

William R. Yates - Associate Director for Operations, U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services*

* invited

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: where do we go from here

Originally posted by casio
Where do we go from here. Can Rajiv explain some of the next steps and timeframes so we can expect something to look forward for. I know its kind of depressing that the gov did not agree to settle and a tough battle lies ahead now.
But this battle is our only way out or else we will be just posting messages for next 2 - 3 yrs on this forum and whining everyday.

He who fights wins.

Lawsuit doesn't solve the problem with in a day. We all should discuss these issues with our Congressional office, if we can get the elected officials to help us obviously CIS will settle this lawsuit. So we all should now concentrate on discussing the backlog issues with your local Congressman/Congresswoman/ Senators.

I' m afraid that the proposal for I-140 premium processing if approved, the delays at AOS stage will increase further. Unless BCIS drasticaly increases the manpower on immigrant petition approvals, the queues are only shifted from one stage to another. This is what happened when they started concurrent filing on 140&485. Before that I140 approvals were taking only 2-5 months. Now it is sometimes taking more than one year.

They are increasing fees .Why don't they agree for 140 /485 premiam processing.

Hello Rajiv,

USCIS Announces Fee Adjustments to Enhance Service

http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaff...eeStructure.pdf

If the case comes to coart we can argue that thay are perpusfully delaying cases because from a long time we are asking for premium processing for 140 and 485 cases and thay are not agreeing on this.

Lets calculate if every one who wants to finish their processing in 3 to 6 months pays $1000 or $2000 or whatever if that money is used only for recruting new people for processing the cases(Unlike other premium processings where money was diverted in some other directions) thay can easily eliminate the backlogs entairly.

But they are not agreeing for this.

I think every one in this forum happily pays $1000 to $5000 if they are guaranteed that their 140 and 485 will be processed in
3 to 6 months.

don't u guys.

Satvika

absolutely

if people are provided with an option of Prem precessing, they would pay $5K to handle thier cases in upto 6 months....

Next steps...

Rajiv or Core Team,

Could you throw some light on the next steps.. I understand as far as law suit is concerned we need to be patient and wait. Regards contacting and appraising the lawmakers, i guess we have been doing that... now a days we get Standard answers/replies from them.
Can we organize a press conference or meet to bring it to the attention of wider media, instead of letting the reporters picking up stories intermittently?

We need to starting thinking of innovative ways!

..ZSUJ :confused:

USCIS plan to show progress

My feeling is that USCIS is making a hard effort where they are being confronted with lawsuits. Their plan is to show as much progress in backlog reduction as possible before our lawsuit goes for first hearing. I am citing the NSC’s processing time reports here:

Compare 4/15/04
http://www.aila.org/fileViewer.aspx?docID=12793

with 4/1/04
http://www.aila.org/fileViewer.aspx?docID=12682

Within 15 days the I-485 processing time has moved by 2 months. Wow!!

I-131 (AP) and I-765 (EAD) maintained reasonable progress i.e. 15 days progress within 15 days and these are well near present time.

Also look at the progress in asylum cases. There USCIS has been hit hard by a lawsuit.

For CSC and TSC, they are opening 90 days pilots to silence the critics.

So in whole, it seems that Rajiv’s lawsuit is bringing desired impacts. In addition, they have been further pressurized by negative publicity in media (NPR, NY Times, LA Times and several other regional newpapers).While this happens we must stay course and should not allow injustice to happen to us. Because of USCIS mismanagement, everyone here have been/has paid e very hefty price.

Re: Next steps...

Originally posted by zsuj
Rajiv or Core Team,

Could you throw some light on the next steps.. I understand as far as law suit is concerned we need to be patient and wait. Regards contacting and appraising the lawmakers, i guess we have been doing that... now a days we get Standard answers/replies from them.
Can we organize a press conference or meet to bring it to the attention of wider media, instead of letting the reporters picking up stories intermittently?

We need to starting thinking of innovative ways!

..ZSUJ :confused:

ZSUJ,
We need to contact lawmakers highlighting the backlogs as a general issue...we need to run fax campaigns to impress on the lawmakers the intensity of the problems and compel them to take some action. Most of us contact lawmakers explaining our personal case and that is not yielding results....one will get a back a standard answers..

-rajum

90 day pilot

I think this is just a smoke screen, what is the guarantee that they will implement what they learnt in the 90 day pilot... just to show the court some movement...and avoid being criticised and then go back being slow....I think like PERM this the 90 day pilot will take about 3 year to actually implement....

Got to pay taxes, SS, medicare and then remain in a locked down /stateless position indefinetely...Is this an american dream or a nightmare??

this 90 day processing for new applications makes me sick...

what is the motive behind this? why can't they take old applications and approve them in 90 days first? people are sitting here from 2002 without even an FP, and to know that they are going to approve new apps in 90 days is the height of frustration (atleast for me).

90 day pilot program

That makes me sick too.
Also, VSC is the slowest in a lot of applications, if not all, and is not doing anything.