• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

September VB - DV14 Last Chapter

Not sure why the link didn't work for you, it does for me.

However, I just ran the extract for OC (because I was testing a change anyway and OC is small). As of 5 minutes ago, OC has issued 526 visas. I'm sure there will be some updates over the next week (end of the month) so I'll be running all the extracts this weekend.

By the way, the CEAC data does not include aos cases, so the actual OC visas issued right now is probably over 600. We can also see there are 113 family members above 1300 (July and August interviews) currently at READY status. I would imagine about 80 - 90 of those will go to issued. There are also 45 cases in AP of which at least 30 will go issued. That will take us to over 700 - pretty close to the 731 reported as issued last year. So - if the OC quota hasn't increased, they already have enough selectees to tick the "job done" box on OC. :(
Thanks so much for your reply :)

I´ve heard that the quota for Germany is reached. Someone has said that winners were disinvited for the interview :(

I mean there wasn´t big hope for the new cut offs but a little spark was left ....

I´ve heard that the quota for Germany is reached. Someone has said that winners were disinvited for the interview :(

I mean there wasn´t big hope for the new cut offs but a little spark was left ....

Lots of nonsense gets "heard". Do you have any proof? As far as I know Germany has never got near its quota, why would this year suddenly be any different?

Edit: have checked the numbers. Highest number of DVs from Germany was a few years ago, at 960. It's laughable to think they will suddenly jump to over 3500 this year.

Last edited:
Lots of nonsense gets "heard". Do you have any proof? As far as I know Germany has never got near its quota, why would this year suddenly be any different?

Edit: have checked the numbers. Highest number of DVs from Germany was a few years ago, at 960. It's laughable to think they will suddenly jump to over 3500 this year.

True that. Germany like most of EU countries (except for Ukraine and Uzbekistan) has never gotten even close to hitting the country limit so it would have to be regional quota that stops the interviews and it would be the same for other embassies. Yesterday I received a phone call from London embassy and I was told that they will send me a new invitation letter with my wife's correct name (it took them a month to reply :)) so I think it's still allllllll gooooood for August interviews.

Ok so I just have to wait :D let´s see what will happen.

But I didn´t really get what you mean Susie with your edit...sorry :-S

Ok so I just have to wait :D let´s see what will happen.

But I didn´t really get what you mean Susie with your edit...sorry :-S

What she meant is that the highest number of visas issued to Germany over the years was 960 which is not even close to the country limit of 3500 (7% of 50 000 visas issued each year). To get the interview cancelled, Germany would have to hit the country quota (Iran and Nepal will this year) of 3500 visas issued. This is physically impossible because Germany has not enough selectees to fill the quota.

Unless each selectee has 12 derivatives on average :D

Last edited:
But I think this year there maybe enough selectees so why they wont´t try to hit the quota if they have enough space?

But I think this year there maybe enough selectees so why they wont´t try to hit the quota if they have enough space?

They will fill the global quota (and regional too, there might be visas left there but they assumed that at 40150 EU will hit it's regional limit). There is plenty of people from all regions to issue 50k visas and some (I'm guessing you too) will miss out because their number is too high. But let's wait till Simon extracts CEAC data this coming weekend. This should give us some estimates if there is a chance for a small increase in numbers in September bulletin.

Of course they are aiming to hit the global quota. They always aim for that. But they only have 1696 total winners from Germany this year. As we know about half of winners don't proceed. So it is impossible for Germany to hit its country quota no matter how hard they try. Therefore rumours about interviews being cancelled are nonsense, unless and until EU as a whole is filled, and we know from other posters this is definitely not the case.

Just received this a minute ago from the embassy (asked them last week about their system failure and possibility of interview delays).

Thank you for your email.

You should attend your interview as scheduled. The Embassy cannot guarantee that a visa will be issued to any applicant by a specific date, and we recommend that applicants do not make final travel plans for the United States until their application has been fully processed and they have the visa in hand.

Standard answer but there is nothing about visas running out or interview cancelations so August people should relax and wait for their appointments :)

(I'm guessing you too) will miss out because their number is too high. But let's wait till Simon extracts CEAC data this coming weekend. This should give us some estimates if there is a chance for a small increase in numbers in September bulletin.

Yeah you´re right ;) ok then we, or rather I have to wait ^^

As we know about half of winners don't proceed. So it is impossible for Germany to hit its country quota no matter how hard they try. Therefore rumours about interviews being cancelled are nonsense, unless and until EU as a whole is filled, and we know from other posters this is definitely not the case.

But if Germany isn´t able to hit the country quota then it all depends on the global quota? I mean, that the ones with high cases from Germany won´t get an interview, probably.

Just received this a minute ago from the embassy (asked them last week about their system failure and possibility of interview delays).

Thank you for your email.

You should attend your interview as scheduled. The Embassy cannot guarantee that a visa will be issued to any applicant by a specific date, and we recommend that applicants do not make final travel plans for the United States until their application has been fully processed and they have the visa in hand.

Standard answer but there is nothing about visas running out or interview cancelations so August people should relax and wait for their appointments :)
Give this man a beer ;)

Yeah you´re right ;) ok then we, or rather I have to wait ^^

But if Germany isn´t able to hit the country quota then it all depends on the global quota? I mean, that the ones with high cases from Germany won´t get an interview, probably.

Yes but that is not at all what your rumour said, and it's not news either: we already know EU of 40150 and above are not getting interviews, no matter which country they are from.

I think you should avoid repeating and speculation, rumour or theory until you understand the process.

Was just a questions from my side...because here are the most people who understand it quite more then most of the others....