• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

September 2017 Visa Bulletin

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
AFRICA: 8,500
Except:
Egypt: 2,350
Ethiopia: 2,100

ASIA: 1,200
Except:
Iran: 750
Nepal: 750

EUROPE: 2,600

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS): 2

OCEANIA: 185

SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN: 190

Hello sm1smom,

Do you know why this numbers are much lower than past years? did something happen? and does this mean we are getting interviewed later than usual?

Thanks.

I feel bad for KCC. They have (I believe) found a way to remove/reduce the backlog on DS260 processing. That is a good thing, leading to much more "understandable" VB progress. But still - peopel are freaking out because of the VB numbers.

AF is normal/high of course - because AF selectees are on average slower to submit the DS260 and the density of cases other than Egypt/Ethiopia is quite low. Ghana in particular takes up a huge slice of the early numbers but the Ghanaians take more time to get documents "ready" and to negotiate with the agents who submitted their entries. This means the Ghana response rate is low, leading to needing a higher VB number...

I feel bad for KCC. They have (I believe) found a way to remove/reduce the backlog on DS260 processing. That is a good thing, leading to much more "understandable" VB progress. But still - peopel are freaking out because of the VB numbers.

AF is normal/high of course - because AF selectees are on average slower to submit the DS260 and the density of cases other than Egypt/Ethiopia is quite low. Ghana in particular takes up a huge slice of the early numbers but the Ghanaians take more time to get documents "ready" and to negotiate with the agents who submitted their entries. This means the Ghana response rate is low, leading to needing a higher VB number...

Why do you feel bad for KCC though? Surely people aren't freaking out at them directly?!

I have to say having been "around" a few years now, people always seem to find something to freak out about in the process! Numbers too high! Numbers too slow! Numbers too low! Every year there's a rumor they'll cancel the lottery! Etc!! I guess it's a byproduct of the stress of potential emigration too.

Why do you feel bad for KCC though? Surely people aren't freaking out at them directly?!

I have to say having been "around" a few years now, people always seem to find something to freak out about in the process! Numbers too high! Numbers too slow! Numbers too low! Every year there's a rumor they'll cancel the lottery! Etc!! I guess it's a byproduct of the stress of potential emigration too.

I think we "hear from" a percentage of the winners in this and other forums, or my blog - but there must be a lot of people who just call KCC and act like the sky is falling. KCC have made a good improvement - they have been telling people they are "current for interview" for about 1 week already AND emailed the KCC portion of the VB before it was released. So - they have provided more early transparency and still getting those calls.

But yeah - people will always find something to freak out about I suppose....

I think we "hear from" a percentage of the winners in this and other forums, or my blog - but there must be a lot of people who just call KCC and act like the sky is falling. KCC have made a good improvement - they have been telling people they are "current for interview" for about 1 week already AND emailed the KCC portion of the VB before it was released. So - they have provided more early transparency and still getting those calls.

But yeah - people will always find something to freak out about I suppose....

Good to see they are some improvements from KCC. I guess it will bring some kind of benefit at the end for everyone.

not many 2018 DV forums are created yet so if may ask my question here: Is there Anyone here selected for the DV 2018 from Benin or someone with experience in DV lotto? i have few questions... my case number is current (less than 8500) based on the new published visa bulletin but KCC is saying that they have not processed my DS260 and that i will not go with october interview batch even though it was submitted on 05/22/2017 is this common?

not many 2018 DV forums are created yet so if may ask my question here: Is there Anyone here selected for the DV 2018 from Benin or someone with experience in DV lotto? i have few questions... my case number is current (less than 8500) based on the new published visa bulletin but KCC is saying that they have not processed my DS260 and that i will not go with october interview batch even though it was submitted on 05/22/2017 is this common?

I haven't seen any Benin people specifically but we've had plenty of African selectees. Judging by past years, it's not at all usual that your DS hasn't been processed yet if it was submitted in May. Especially as KCC are apparently now processing according to case number priority. Are you sure it's been properly submitted - you got confirmation of that, right?
@Britsimon, any insight?

I haven't seen any Benin people specifically but we've had plenty of African selectees. Judging by past years, it's not at all usual that your DS hasn't been processed yet if it was submitted in May. Especially as KCC are apparently now processing according to case number priority. Are you sure it's been properly submitted - you got confirmation of that, right?
@Britsimon, any insight?

KCC have changed the way they process DS260s which will drastically change the impact of the backlog that we have seen in previous years. I guessed that change, and then checked with KCC direct to confirm it. However, not all DS260s are processed as quickly as each other. In some countries, poor standards of record keeping and increased security concerns will cause delays in processing.

It was also unusual that they 2NLs were released as early as they were this month. That might have been a decision to not wait for interview slot availability from some of the slower embassies - so we might see some more 2NLs go out over the next few days.

@Britsimon, any insight?
Yes i believe it was properly submitted as it shows completed whenever i go back to check the DS260 status, and i called KCC they told me it was received just not processed. Thanks you, i will be back to update!