September 2010 AOS filers. Lets track progress

Got the EAD card today. Interestingly, it came in a USPS Flat Rate envelope and not in an USCIS envelope. They also used one of my earlier photographs and not the one I had sent with my recent application. Anyway, now all set for interview on the 7th of January.

Ah! We received IL in the mail yesterday for 01/20/2011 and we received the EAD today in the mail

Got the EAD card today. Interestingly, it came in a USPS Flat Rate envelope and not in an USCIS envelope. They also used one of my earlier photographs and not the one I had sent with my recent application. Anyway, now all set for interview on the 7th of January.

Congrats!!!! Thats how I got mine, I heard that its because it is more capable of been stolen when the USCIS logo is on the envelope so they use an unmarked envelope for any card given.

thanks
We are going to Jamaica on the 21st for vacationing. it might come and sit in the mailbox for awhile until we get back.

thanks
We are going to Jamaica on the 21st for vacationing. it might come and sit in the mailbox for awhile until we get back.

Ahhhhh...Jamaica is my home country....You will certainly have a wonderful experience there! I cant wait to go back home and visit!
Well at least you know that it will be there when you get back, No worries!

Just got back from the interview. Everything went off smoothly. The officer was a middle aged moderately hot lady. My appointment was for 8:10AM. The office opened at 8AM and shortly after 8:10, we were called for the interview. First the customary oath, then she asked for both of our IDs. She had my file and all the submitted forms in front of her. First she started with my wife and verified her name, dob, ss#, address etc. Then she did the same for me. Next she asked how many kids we have and asked a copy of our daughter's birth certificate. Then she asked me all those questions like 'whether I've committed a crime, any prison sentence etc.' It was quite obvious that she was doing a formality as she was mocking and smiling while reading out those questions to me.

Then she told me that I have to withdraw my still pending employment based 485. I was prepared for that. She printed out a form that I duly signed. She didn't ask for anything else, no marriage certificate, no joint assets nothing. She finally told me that I should expect the card in a week or so and if I don't receive it within a month's time, then I should make an infopass appt to inquire. She didn't ask to see my passport, nor did she ask for the I-94. But I made a small mistake there by voluntarily asking her whether she would like to keep the I-94. She asked me whether I plan to travel abroad in the next few weeks. I said 'no', and she took the card. I feel that was a mistake on my part as you never know there may be some emergency and I may need to travel. Then it will unnecessary complicate matters which could have been easily avoided. Anyway, let's hope for the best. Also, she told me a few times that I can apply for citizenship after 3 years and the GC is valid for 10 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
You did right dzongrilla, taking the I-94 is actually required as it is turned in to CIS which closes your file and your approval is final ( i Heard this from a Lawyer I consulted). Some IO's take it some do not but the accepted way is that they should take it. Thus no harm done, congrats on your GC. If you need to travel take a infopass, present them proof of travel they stamp the passport (if valid) with the I-155 stamp, showing PR which is good for 1 yr as you wait your physical GC.

You did right dzongrilla, taking the I-94 is actually required as it is turned in to CIS which closes your file and your approval is final ( i Heard this from a Lawyer I consulted). Some IO's take it some do not but the accepted way is that they should take it. Thus no harm done, congrats on your GC. If you need to travel take a infopass, present them proof of travel they stamp the passport (if valid) with the I-155 stamp, showing PR which is good for 1 yr as you wait your physical GC.

Thanks for the response Ravi. I don't intend to travel abroad in the near future. I was referring to an 'emergency' under which I may have to travel (you know, someone back home seriously sick or someone died all of a sudden). So as you can understand, then I need to take the next available flight. Taking an infopass appointment to stamp your passport with I-551 is not an ideal scenario at that time. But let's hope for the best.

This wait is horrible. So the interview went fine. The I-130 was approved.. But the interview guy said he needed more info from my husband, because he was arrested back in 2006, we had already given the disposition. but now he wanted the arrest report. well we don't live in NY anymore...so we called and they mailed us the info that they could..so we made an infopass appt, and turned in the paper work to some guy..and he said Okay they will be contacting you by mail. what should i expect?...the disposition we gave them were for resisting arrest. and for drugs but it was dismissed. he got out of jail that day..they didn't charge him..and thats what the paperwork says that he wasn't charged he was charged with resisting arrest only. but i am a little worried.

09/07/2010 Day 01 Sent to Chicago, IL
09/08/2010 Day 02 Confirmation Received
09/15/2010 Day 08 Checks cashed.
09/20/2010 Day 13 Reciepts for I485/I765/I130
09/24/2010 Day 17 Biometrics letter came in the mail. (Appt: 10/12/2010)
10/12/2010 Day 35 Biometrics done.
10/19/2010 Day 42 Waiting for RFE for I485. They mailed it out on 10/14/2010
10/21/2010 Day 44 RFE arrived
11/11/2010 Day 65 Sent in RFE back
11/12/2010 Day 66 They received RFE info
12/13/2010 Day 97 EAD text and email.
12/17/2010 Day 101 IL !! For 01/20/2011
12/18/2010 Day 102 EAD received!!!
01/20/2011 Day 135 Interview done . Guy said we need to turn in more papers.
01/25/2010 Day 140 Infopass APPT. Turned in requested paper work. Guy said they will contact you by mail. Talk about the edge of your seat. This wait is horrible

Ahhhhh...Jamaica is my home country....You will certainly have a wonderful experience there! I cant wait to go back home and visit!
Well at least you know that it will be there when you get back, No worries!

Hey mimi. My wife is from Jamaica and I hope my case goes well so that i can visit the beautiful island.

HI everyone!
new to this site. But always read & keep track whats going on.
I live in California. Accordingly with instruction for filling form 485 i sent whole my package to the Phoenix, AZ.

Now
here is my situation:
AOS package sent at Aug 27, 2010
USCIS email - package delivered Aug 31, 2010
Check has been cleared Sept 3, 2010
Received a biometric notice letter Sept 23, 2010
Biometric has been taken Oct 20, 2010
Received a letter that my case has been transfered to the local USCIS office in CA Dec 22, 2010
and thats it.....just silence.
Does Anyone have the same situation??? any recommendation?

Thanks

My Progress
My Progress
09/17/2010: Package Sent (I485, I130, I765, I693, I864)
09/20/2010: Package received
09/27/2010: Checks encashed (355 and 1010)
09/27/2010: Receipt Notice Date for all three
09/29/2010: Receipt notice received
10/04/10: Biometric Letter received for 10/20/10
10/12/10: Underwent Biometric test on 10/12/10 due to travelling the next week
11/19/10: EAD Approved
02/01/11: Interview approved
02/10/11: GC Received

This forum has been a lot of help to me, since I filed the application on my own. Thank you so much !